Is it the GB's plan to NOT explain the nu FDS lite?

by outsmartthesystem 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Perhaps I am overthinking this.......but I may have come to the conclusion that the GB's refusal to address and explain IN DETAIL all of the changes mentioned at the 2012 Annual Meeting is in and of itself.....their final explanation. From what I have gathered by speaking discreetly with those that are still "in" but on the fringe.......the information given at the 2012 meeting meant practically NOTHING to most JWs. In fact.....most are still completely unaware of the changes. Most witnesses still believe that the FDS has been around since 33CE and that the FDS still refers to the "anointed".....though the "anointed" are represented by the members of the governing body. Most have no idea that the "slave" being appointed "over all his belongings" is still a future event.

And I think that is just the way the GB wants it. I think they may continue to leave it unexplained in print.....and slowly but surely over the coming years......the new "belief" will simply trickle down through word of mouth. District Overseers and Circuit Overseers will mention portions of it from the stage and in personal conversation.....elders will confirm......and Sister Faithful will simply hear about it through the grapevine. After several years it will be accepted by JWs that this is the new understanding. No one will question it......and several years after THAT.....it will be a blur just like everything else is in their history. Individual JWs won't remember the exact article that explained the change (because it never existed).....but they won't care. Their memories will fade and eventually.....like all other understandings......they will simply believe it because that is what is now taught. They will assume that surely an article was written many years ago.......giving the explanation of why such changes were necessary, but they aren't going to look it up because it is too much work. Any that do look it up will of course find nothing. And those that are concerned about that will either be told to "continue waiting on Jehovah" or they will be told "does it have to be in print in order for you to believe it? Are you saying that hearing it from the mouth of Jehovah's channel of communication isn't good enough?" The word of mouth explanation will eventually become so entrenched that the GB will be able to write entire articles about it......without EVER having to address its origin.

If they stall long enough......while at the same time.....continuing to mention the new belief structure......the sheeple will accept it and forget about their one time desire to understand WHY it changed.

Just my two rupees.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree that an ambiguous policy is exactly what the GB wants. It leaves a lot of doors open for later interpretation and back peddling. Also it does make the avg publisher feel dumb if they don't understand it. This helps the publisher accept just about anything without question and before they know it, it's changed again.

Nothing super solid is going to be released via the WT. It's always going to be open to intrepertation by the GB. And if u didn't get it the 1st time, well that just means u are spiritually weak. Go out and replenish your holy spirit by selling some mags

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'd say we need to wait until after this year's round of summer conventions. When I was still in, you'd see Watchtower studies the next year that use the same script as some of the convention talks from the previous summer.

If the WTS stays mum on these points during the convention, that's a good indication that they're keeping this new light at a low hum.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nothing super solid is going to be released via the WT. It's always going to be open to intrepertation by the GB.____whahappened

Bottom line: Nothin' solid to sink your teeth into, spiritual food from brooklyn amounts to baby food

Apple sauce anyone ?????

• wasblind
  • wasblind
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was thinking more along the lines of a full diaper

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sorry for the double post , but as they say in Brooklyn

# 35 REPETITION FOR EMPHASIS______Theocratic Ministry School book page 206

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Wha happened

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Cedars ? You were fairly sure they would put it in print early this year, we now have Ragmags with a May cover date and nothing yet.

Could this be their method ? let it all seep out, see what the Apostates make of it, and eventually present it as though they had taught it all along ?

In the mean time, slipping in things that will SEEM to answer what Apostates level at them ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit