Who plays video games?!!

by DATA-DOG 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Skbj
    Skbj

Thought I give you guys an update on what I've been playing:

So last week my connect hooked me up with God of War a good 10 day-2 weeks before it's in the shelves (depending where you live) Hurray.

Same day I also got the new Tomb Raider. So that we don't fight over it we are taking turns lol. I'm on GoW and Hubs is on Tomb Raiders.

I've played a few chapters of GoW thus far and I found it to be a tiny too fast paced this time. Idk if it's because It's been 2 years (or is it more?) since the last one or because I've been used with games where I could take my time but this one throws you right into a boss like battle from the very first scene.

Being that I haven't played since the last edition came out I would have liked to get reaquinted with it a little be slower but hey you might like to get right into the action. Also For the past 2 years I have played games where the L stick allows you a 360 degree camera view and I am not able to get that thus far into the game, the L stick is for evading. Not having the opportunity to move my view camera around make me feel like I'm truly playing a 2D game. It's sooo weird and I thought it takes a lot away from otherwise great graphics. I hope it's only something set for the first few chapters and as I get more into the story of the game changes, but I doubt it.

Also...those of you waiting for The Last of Us, please note GoW comes with a demo of this. I am not able to play the Last of Us demo yet because it's not downloadable until GoW official opening day.

Next: Tomb Raiders. I'm co-piloting in this. And one word: amazing! It's on the same level as good as Drakes's Fortune, minus the cheesy (but funny) dialogues. Lovely graphics, playability etc. The only thing I'd change thus far is I'd like to have a map on screen, but perhaps is me being too fussy. Tomb Raiders over all has not disappointed our expectations.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor and Battlefield series, the early ones online. stfu noob, my sister has better stats than u and without glitchin', knives and pistols only...;)

Company of Heroes, Men of War: Assault Squad are RTS favs. Have played C&C series and variations thereof.

Civilization series since v1. Age of Empires, etc.

Really liked the Tie Fighter and X-Wing simulations back in the day. Anyone heard of X3?

Never played WoW or the like.

Grab a Tim's, burn one and get into the game. Good times

• talesin
    talesin

I like RPGs, but don't play online.

J. Hofer, loved Age of Myth! and also WarCraftIII and DiabloII.

Now, I'm playing another 'oldie but goodie', called Neverwinter Nights. Wow, what a game, so many choices, it's really involved ... when my pc needed repairs in December, they refused to fix it under warranty and I had to take a 'new' computer with W8 (don't get me started on THAT), so I lost my game, and will have to reload start at ground zero. (boo hoo!) It's the bestest version of D&D, though, and gawd I'm getting OLD, remember playing D&D back in the early 80's when all we had was DOS and had to make our own 'maps' because the game was completely text-driven.

Game consoles never really appealed to me much, but lol, Blasto (haha, he was so funny "Gutshot, bad way to die!") from PS1 and of course, the Halo series, well, hell yeah.

oh yeah, and Army Men was great on the PS. :P

Would love to have a WII system, they rock!

tal

• Caedes
    Caedes

I've just finished playing dishonored (sic) and the new XCOM game, both are really good. If you liked portal and half life then you will probably like dishonored. I have just started playing mass effect 3 again since they released some new content for it, after that it will be Ni no kuni. I managed to get the version with the hardback spell book in it!

Other than that I am still playing an xbox live game called iron brigade (I think it is called trenches in the US) which is great fun to play multiplayer.

• Emery
    Emery

Halo Anniversary online, NCAA, MADDEN, Black OPs 2 and Halo 4

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I just turned 50 and still like video games, but not the shoot-em-up types. My favorites are ones like the Myst series (Riven, Exile, et al) and the Zelda games. Recently I downloaded an emulator for my PC and started playing Zelda: Twilight Princess for the first time.

I'll have to check out Ni No Kuni.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit