Who plays video games?!!

by DATA-DOG 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Pickler
    Pickler

My son & his friends had the day off school when the new Halo 4 came out. We had preordered so were at the shop at 8am when it opened, he ran home from the store to start playing. His friend snuck out of the house at 'midnight & rode his bike to a 12am launch.

he said the new halo was the most exciting thing that had ever happened in his life!

We also went to the big games expo here where they had sneak previews & Cosplay. Lined up for over an hour to trial the new COD, the boys behind us in the line were almost crying with excitement. It was actually such a great energy. I loved it & we are even considering dressing up next year & going over multiple days....it's that much fun!!!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

yeah, age of mythology is real time strategy game for the windows platform (i think it was even published by microsoft). it's got the greek (including atlantis), egyptian and norse mythology in there and you have to try to get favour from differend gods etc.

the only windows computer i got is in my office, so i whenever i find the time i play that game there ;)

as for ps3 franchises, apart from uncharted (which is my fav without a doubt) i loved resistance 1-3. god of war, i only played the demo on ps3, but i played some on psp. talking about psp, i did spend quite some time playing patapon. pata pata pata pon!

• Skbj
    Skbj

yeah I have problem getting interested in the PC based games because they require so much time to learn them and often you have to read the forums for time and time and as I already play a RT strategy RP game but browser based which does take time I'm less keen on spending yet more time reading off a computer screen, but when I'll stop playing that one I'll give ages of mythology a good try :)

Resistance is great! I play co-pilot on that one. Husband does the shooting I tell him where to go. Also don't need to tell what's on my Xmas list for this year...starts by PS and ends by 4 Awesome games coming up my top ones are: Infamous:Second son, and Watch Dogs.

Have you played Yakuza? I like that too and of course GTA they kinda similar but I like Yakuza a little more because of all the details of Japanese life where it's set.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

haven't played yakuza, but i played saints row, which is like old school gta :D i think wifey hid all my discs in the basement, got to find that one again.

the game i'm looking forward to this year is "the last of us" (same studio as uncharted).

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

been playing them since atari, i like both old school and new school games. right now im playing alot of red dead redemption multiplayer on PSN, and Saints Row 3. also like the iphone games, especially the old school pinball games. i also got a ms pacman full size arcade that plays 60 old school games. wish i had room for more, would like an old school pinball.

• TD
    TD

Games don't appeal to me like they used to

Still enjoyed the Portal and Bioshock series though.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

just getting off of my world of warcraft addiction i just brought aliens vs marines and dead space 3 for the ps3 also i play madden at least the last 17 years or more, we use to have tournaments at work this was back in the day when the bills were good...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice comments.. I have yet to find a game that I really love. I loved Ocarina of Time and Windwaker back in the day.. The new ones..not so much. I am really looking forward to the OUYA. I think indie gaming is where the magic may come back. Success with a franchise can breed stagnation IMO. How many more Mario games can we take?!

What is a really awesome Halo type game that's not gory? Just curious. I don't have an X-box so no Halo for me, but I wouldn't mind shooting some stuff.

YourMamma, I thought I was the only one who loves pinball! I even love digital pinball on the Playstation 3. I have been thinking about how cool it would be to have a real pinball machine. I also wonder if anyone still builds them. I would love to learn that. It is an art IMO.

I like quirky games too. Here are some of my favorite oldies.

Zelda

Zelda 2 ( some hate it, but I love it because my Dad bought it for me )

Battle for Olympus ( NES ) I don't know too many people who have played this. I loved it!

RYGAR! What can you say, but AWESOME!!! I mowed lawns to buy this game as a kid. I cost $60 US back in the day!!

Ninja Gaiden 1-3. Totally Rad!!

Bionic Commando. Best ending ever!!!!

Blaster Master! Different, quirky..Mutants! What's not to love!!

Metroid! Yeah baby!!

Kid Icarus. Never finished it..Not real proud of myself. It's on my bucket list!

Super Mario 2. Toad rules!

Section Z. A CAPCOM great!

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! No ear biting allowed!

Duck Hunt. How we all wanted to kill that D*** DOG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rN4yDNj5ME

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

DATA-DOG... I'm sure you've played Goldeneye for N64. That was a staple over at my friend's house. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Does anyone remember Pokemon snap on the Nintendo 64? Spent hours on that game!!! Still have it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit