"Foreigners" and today's Watchtower

by 88JM 25 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"If you were ill and you wanted a kidney transplant, we wouldn't mind where it came from."

It's still cannibalism, of course
  • J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

nation of jehovah. they may not discriminate by colour (although i wouldn't be too sure about that) but if you reject only one of their beliefs, you're toast.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what a white wash. "Oh we're not the haters, the world is". Well then go talk to your df'd son who's renting a couch to sleep on because u threw him out on his 18th b'day and has no real means of taking care of himself because he was a pioneer and dropped out of high school.

Also glossing over the fact that dubs do NOTHING to help their fellow man

• Mum
    Mum

My first congregation was in the Midwest U.S., affluent and lily white.

Then I got married and moved to the South, to a congregation that was newly racially integrated. On the surface, everybody was cordial. Away from the KH, however, there was a lot of offense taken on both sides. People carry baggage, and old ways of thinking cling despite instructions from the WTS to "love" the brothers and sisters.

In my lifetime of 65 years, I hae seen a revolution in the way people of different races are treated and accepted. Ironically, a friend of mine told me that she had an African-American friend who said that in the days of segregation, it was much easier to know how people really viewed her, but that now racists are hypocritical, so she doesn't really know their true attitude.

We've come a long way, but we still have a long way to go.

• ambersun
    ambersun

"If it had been done Jehovah's way, we would have black, white or yellow popping up here and there, not in great masses like they are at the moment. The reason they are in great masses at the moment is because they've separated themselves out and so there's one kind of feature grown up in different races. But otherwise, it would have been a mixture and that's the way it should be."

What???!!! Do these people EVER stop to think what they are saying? Have they no idea how genetics work?? Oh no, of course they are not allowed to think for themselves are they.

"I'm just very grateful that I've been taught by Jehovah that people from other places are the same as myself. But I would have been brought up as a very different sort of person, hating foreigners, and not liking people of different colors.

Yes, like all of us who are not JWs hate everyone who is a different race or color to ourselves don't we

Some of those comments were unbelievably crazy!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

We are different to people in the world" ?? Really ? Then how come when segregation was in place the WT Society and the GB conformed to this racist policy ? No witnesses marched in any protest against any injustice, ever.

Racial integrated of Kingdom Halls only came after the segregation laws were overturned by the deaths and sacrifices of thousands of people both in South Africa and the USA. None of the people who made racial equality possible, were wittnesses.

• Gayle
    Gayle

"Although the majority of people in the world are racist and bigoted, JWs are not racist and bigoted. We are different to people in the world."

Of course, don't be concerned about the Governing Body. the Faithful and Disreet Slave. No Hispanics. No Asians. One Black American (token.)

• St George of England
    St George of England

Par 14 was crazy. Essentially Ted Turner did not permit the word 'foreigner' to be used, people had to use 'international' instead. To me the two words have a different meaning. I would never say there is an 'international body' in my drink; I would say there is a 'foreign body' in here though.

One sister answered and said we will have to be careful not to speak of people as foreigners.

When we got home my wife pulled out her new 2013 Yearbook and turned to Page 151, then showed me a picture of two guys on a construction site. The caption, "Foreign and local brothers worked together closely"!!

George

• 88JM
    88JM

slimboyfat - Yes, my congregation is a total magnet for crazy people. I swear it's like this every week. I only go for the entertainment value. Also, my avatar is a sculpture of two Roman wrestlers - it was at a country estate I visited in Ireland, but I believe it might be a copy of a Rodin.

breakfast of champions - alarmingly that comment was made by my own J-DUB dad - I hope he doesn't want me to be his kidney donor!

ambersun - it's no conincidence you've picked two comments by the same crazy person.

St George of England - that's amazing about the Yearbook - I must remember to look that up.

If I had to pick my favourite comment, it would probably be:

"Some people don't feel comfortable talking to Witnesses at the door, so we can direct them to the jw.org website."

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Some people don't feel comfortable talking to Witnesses at the door, so we can direct them to the jw.org website."

I bet they went though all this mental gymastics just to say something about their website

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit