Where do we go when we die?

by cptkirk 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

What would happen if we did not have religion to give some at least inference to (at the very least) our subconscious, that there is some type of afterlife? what would we tell kids when they ask us what happens when we die? what would we tell kids after these shooting massacres? what would we tell kids about sickness and disease?

We are more intelligent and aware now than we have ever been in the modern age (well at least more aware), what happens if all of the sudden the ideas provided by religion (most importantly the afterlife) were ripped out from underneath of us? would mental illness exponentially get worse? would people even find it harder to get by in cases of loss and death? would suicide get even worse? do we need to tell our kids fairy tales to keep them sane during their growth periods?

• Satanus
    Satanus

All retorical questions.

S

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

I think you mean "rhetorical", and that is subjective.

• cofty
    cofty

I found it took a bit of time to adjust to the realisation that this life is the only one I am going to get.

In my experience its a positive thing. It doesn't scare me at all and life and death are more vital than before.

I think reality is preferable.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

where were you before you were here?... it will be the same as it ever was...

yourself identifies with the things the make up the you, that you know and feel... another existance won't be you .. you won't recognize yourself

anyway wrap your head around that for a second...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oh, they're not rhetorical?

Thanks for the spelling correction;)

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

Eventually each and everyone of our atoms will be recycled.......................

• blondie
    blondie

I'll worry about that when it get to that state. I'm just concerned about living each moment the best way I can. When I do die, I'll try and come back and let you know. What is the magic word?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My question is:

Where do I go when I'm alive?

So many places I haven't been yet that look really cool.

I'd like to go either to Iceland or Norway.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you all need to read the type print and not just the title, i don't gaf where we go i'm a grown man, the point is, all of us were kids at one time, how would you feel when tragedies happened (maybe you didn't see any tragedies as a kid) and you had nothing to believe in? how does the developing mind cope? given a new generation of people, developing from birth, with nothing to believe in, what does that look like.....does it become some sort of nazi-esque society where the ones who can't accept death etc just fall by the wayside and the strong go forward. you may not realize how many people actually believe in god and believe they are going to an afterlife, not sure if this is breaking news but it is over 80% of the entire american population.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit