greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

CA - The thread is about biological evolution.

I really enjoy discussing morality but it is definitely a different thread. If you want to start one I will be very pleased to join in.

we are talking about evolution and how it proves belief in God wrong...

No we're not. Evolution does not prove god wrong. It proves creationists are wrong.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The key to "a comfortable synthesis," lies in recognizing the roles and limits of both science and faith. Regarding origins, it is the role of science to answer the questions "when?" and "how?" and the role of faith to answer "who?" and "why?"

..... Dr. Francis S. Collins

• Pterist
    Pterist

****Evolution does not prove god wrong. It proves creationists are wrong.*****

The book shows a great deal of evidence proving "YEC" Young Earth Creationists error, However, there are many groups of "Creationists".

• still thinking
    still thinking

So are we to assume that the people you describe in your comment have no right to make a comment on this topic ? Pterist

Who is WE?

Why are you assuming that? I never said anything about people not being able to comment or not comment.

My post had nothing to do with what you are asserting. It was in response to a post about religious values and them being respected.

I agree..I do NOT see them as values. BUT...followers of that religious belief do.

The issue here is, "who gets to dicate who can and cannot comment on this thread"...Pterist

That was NOT an issue that I was adressing. In fact. I thought Angharad had already dealt with that. Why are you continuing it? You seem to have your own agenda.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You and others have rejected God and His love. That is your choice. And I won't condemn you for it....CA

Gee....thanks... how good of YOU....LOL

*just remind me...which one of the 30,000 or so gods have we rejected that you haven't? Oh thats right. Just one of them. I won't judge you for rejecting the other 29,999 either *

• Pterist
    Pterist

Still thinking ...this is how your comment started *** Pterist - Define spiritual values? Do all religions possess these values? How do you feel about those who practice Islam? Hindus? Scientologists?..Cantleave****

I now see you were addressing Cantleave's question to me and not me directly, I appoligise, my bad.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The key to "a comfortable synthesis," lies in recognizing the roles and limits of both science and faith. Regarding origins, it is the role of science to answer the questions "when?" and "how?" and the role of faith to answer "who?" and "why?...Pterist

Let me just correct that for you Pterist...

It is the role of science to answer questions using evidence that can be tested by anyone. And the role of faith to make shit up that makes us feel good.

• still thinking
    still thinking

No worries Pterist.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

role of faith to answer "who?" and "why?"

Or you could use science and get an actual answer.

However, there are many groups of "Creationists" that oppose YEC.

I know. It's hilarious to see two groups, both 100% wrong, argue about who is the most wrong. Utterly hilarious.

• cofty
    cofty
    The book shows a great deal of evidence proving "YEC" Young Earth Creationists error, However, there are many groups of "Creationists".

It actually demolishes all forms of creationism.

The only version that survives the evidence would be a strictly defined theistic evolution, of the sort that Francis Collins and Kenneth Miller teach.

In this account god lit the touchpaper and retired - no tinkering allowed. All the wonders of life are accounted for by the initial conditions. No intervention is required to get evolution over even the most complex hurdles.

This raises a lot of other difficult questions but at least its consistent with the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit