jw's view of wordly people - hipocrisy

by spirituk 44 Replies latest jw friends

• spirituk
    spirituk

hello LostInTranslation

Maybe you are the only one that fully understands me and i m totally agree with all you are saying and believe me you made me so happy by confirming my thoughts. all this time i was feeling totally alone .. my friends cant understand me and i dont blame them..its nice to see other people sharing my thoughts . i feel for you .. i p.m you my facebook. we could talk there and would be my pleasure

• lost1
    lost1

Spirituk. I am 100% behind LIT's comments. From a non jw viewpoint I do understand about the feeling alone as it is not something you can really explain to other non jw friends/family. This is why I stay on this site for now as the more I read on here the more I know I have done the right thing by walking away. If you want to pm me please do.

L1

• jgnat
    jgnat

Its a hypocrisy to themselves ,their god and to others. why cant you see it? - spirituk

I KNOW it is hypocritical. Pointing it out to them, however, just drives them further in.

You hate her now, don't you?

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

I have to say, after re-reading, that I may not agree that ALL jw's are hypocrites and I really try never to judge any one as a "whole" in that way.

But again, I do understand the frustration and the hurt that this causes.

yes, it IS the ultimate in hypocracy to engage in this double life, leaving people hurt and dismayed. As I said before, I feel like I am just Collateral Damage to my JW Friend's struggle with his own "truth",

However I DO understand that this is not really intentional. I am forgiving enough that I actually feel SAD for his struggle. I can't imagine being so confused, so longing for something more, but feeling trapped by my own mind and my own cult indoctrination that I no longer have the ability to think critically or freely.

I have read so many stories of struggle and escape on this site, and have GREAT respect for many of the people here who have woken up, and had the courage to overcome such adversity, many losing family and loved ones in the process.

Kudos to all of you who have had the intestinal fortitude to free yourselves!

I hope in facing my own personal struggles that I may have the same kind of strength of character.

I can also continue to hope and pray to my OWN personal god, for the return of so many loved ones who are still living in the dark.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can't see how a regular person can possibly live up to all the standards the WTS has set up. The rules are designed for failure, to keep the person in perpetual guilt. I mean, confess to the elders every time you self-pleasure? Never lust in your heart for another person or their house? Don't think a rebellious thought?

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

jgnat,

But isn't that the point? To keep people feeling inferior so they continue to strive more, work harder , live in a festering pool of guilt and fear so that they never leave?

Self doubt and inferiority are very powerful forces of control.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, it is also a proven recipe for hypocrisy. Which is why Hassan advises never to bring it up to a Witness. They think, "Oh, no!" and go lock-step in to what they are supposed to do or think. I pointed out hypocrisy just once to hubby, and he never did it again. His crime? Standing up for the anthem at the beginning of a baseball game. He loves baseball. It's one of those rituals that are uniquely him, and I detracted from his joy. Never again.

Similarly, I will never point out the hypocrisy of a JW apologist posting here, because I want them here...arguing and thinking.

JW's hanging out with regular people, being themselves? Bring it on, babe!

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

More flies with Honey jgnat, that is usually my policy

I can't seem to tear myself away now that I am here...

Although I don't have as much to offer, ( having been brought up in a mostly agnostic household I admit that the deep understanding of JW society is not my experience)

I have been touched by this world and chaos has ensued in my OWN life because of it.

I have a background in mental healthcare as well as a degree in sociology and would love to be able to discuss and contribute where I can.

I am amazed by the openness and love here! It's really great.

• spirituk
    spirituk

LostInTranslation you have a personal message

jgnat , no i dont hate her but why do you ask? but i started dislike you . and no i wont find a new girlfriend closer to home cause i am not a quitter like you , i will win this girl , even if i ll need to fight the gradpa jah and his goddamn cult :p nobody knows me and my persistence and patience ,not even me

• spirituk
    spirituk

it comes to my understanding , that a lot of jws leave the cult on the mid 40''s after having f***ed their life and being so emotionaly down to care about anything and ONLY then they take the big step .. i believe that only a shock would made a young jw to leave the cult..i wont stand and watch her life being destroyed ,and now i am speaking as human being for a human being.. i know how it ends folks and you know it too.. i will fight to the end,,maybe i ll sacrifice my love and my hopes to be with her but at least she will ask her self what the hell is going on .. sometimes big things mean bi g sacrifices.. i hate the idea of her hating me but there is no any other balance honestly..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit