jw's view of wordly people - hipocrisy

by spirituk 44 Replies latest jw friends

• spirituk
    spirituk

i was wondering how a baptised jw see wordly people? i mean what do they think of people who arent jw ? do they think we will die forever and that we are controlled by satan? can you give me some details on that?

Also , what does it mean when a baptised person is associated with wordly people? how can they have close friends who arent jw's ?isnt it hypocritical? i mean on the one hand you think that they are wrongdoers and on the other hand you have fun with them?

Personally i know a 25 year old baptised jw girl who is a very close friend ( clubbing ,bars and common activities) with a group of girls who are christian orthodox and i was wondering how can that be on her behalf . doesnt WTS prohibits that kind of association? what does wts says about their association with wordly people?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

clubbing could result in censorship.

clubbing with non-JWs could result in disfellowshipping (if caught).

• lost1
    lost1

IMHO some have to work with us worldly ones, speak to them etc on a daily basis so it can probably be very civil. I would have no problem unless they started to force religion at me if I was clear I did not want to know. I worked with a very religious lady who did try and preach and kept inviting me to meetings etc but she accepted my opinions (eventually!) and we are good friends now. She accepts who I am even if she may disapprove and I accept her views which is how I feel it should be. The ex (jw) went to concerts, pubs, gambled, smoked, liked a drink or 3 and other things and even celebrated a New Year, all the things I know now they should not be doing. He was a baptised jw so to answer some of your questions I think many will do all these things as long as they can get away with them. If they are found out that is when the s*** can hit the fan! and yes I do think it is hypocritical and people can get hurt. Did not know about him being a jw till near the end of the relationship and he would not talk about it and that's when it all started to fall apart so maybe it was a mixture of fear of being found out and dealing with the guilt or maybe in his lofty position (COBE) guilt got too much for all his daliances with us worldlys!!

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Censorship?

Maybe censure...?

Worldly associations are a big no-no. They are always harping on about the danger.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Tik... you're probably right... although my English is pretty good, I grew up in Spanish congos so I'm not familiar with some of the terms used in English congos...

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Hey no worries, CA.

You're one up on me: my Spanish is non-existent!

• happy@last
    happy@last

When I was a JW, I felt sorry for 'worldy' people as I thought they were walking aimlessly with no purpose. I had 'worldly' friends but never preached to them if they didn't take any bait, i didn't want them to die for refusing to listen to the 'good news'.

• prologos
    prologos

I belong to the local astronomy ascociation and some jws tried to take issue with even that.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

That's because some are very dumb - they mistake astrology for astronomy.

• Ding
    Ding

Worldly = bad influence

Potential converts but also potential persecutors

Only reasons to associate with them are necessity (work, etc.) and witnessing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit