Cold Fusion Update: NASA

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://climate.nasa.gov/news/864?goback=.gmp_4132340.gde_4132340_member_214671553

Yup, NASA. Talking about Cold Fusion. Perhaps the subject is moving out of the forbidden/ridicule zone.

metatron

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Did you read it? It is specifically saying cold fusion doesn't produce results, and that scientists are unable to replicate the results that are "published" and physicists don't believe in cold fusion, but there may be other energy technologies that can be considered. And even those hypothetical technologies are just hypothetical.

The last line is telling

“All we really need is that one bit of irrefutable, reproducible proof that we have a system that works,” Zawodny said. “As soon as you have that, everybody is going to throw their assets at it. And then I want to buy one of these things and put it in my house.”

And yet nobody is throwing in assets. If there was cheap safe energy technology all the major players would be fighting to get a monopoly on it and get it to market as fast as possible, not "surpressing" it for nefarious purposes of using expensive outdated technology that has a ridiculous overhead cost.

• metatron
    metatron

Did I read it? Did you get the overall sense of it? "windows melted", labs blown up? I don't see how any person familar with this field can avoid thinking, "well, this is a big change!" They are still being cautious but this is a big difference, just to openly discuss experiments and theory without fear. metatron

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

They didn't do that with "cold fusion" expirements though, you are just seeing what you want to see. That article has nothing to do with cold fusion, they just mention it as a foil. "Well here is a myth that is stupid and doesn't work, but now we will talk about real energy technology!" Never mind, I don't want to get sucked into a conversation with a conspiracy theorist. I just used this on a larsinger thread, but I will use it again because it is equally deserving in a metatron thread.

If We Only All Had Tiny Little Monsters That Could Help Us Fly

• cantleave
    cantleave

Metatron you really must stop putting yourself though all this embarrassment.

• metatron
    metatron

The Chief Scientist at NASA/Langley says LENR is "real". He points to experiments that testify that it deals with a real effect, "Evidently". Those are quotes.

Do a search on the NASA site ! You are arguing about terms and words and ignoring the reality of the effect - called Cold Fusion or LENR or whatever.

Do you understand now? The evidence says that "Cold Fusion" is real but there are arguments about how it works and how it should be described.

metatron

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well, I read the article, and I understand it for what it is - the scientist is saying that he is trying to develop the science to the point that he can turn it over to the engineers to develop the hardware.

No, LENR does not exist - yet. But, if this fella continues his work - it will.

It is the same way with many of the scientific breakthroughs that we now have - and some that are still in development.

Cool article.

Thanks.

Jim TX

• soontobe
    soontobe
    Metatron you really must stop putting yourself though all this embarrassment.

Some sort of "cold fusion" being possible is not a ridiculous idea.

The U.S. Navy has been funding this project:

http://www.emc2fusion.org/

http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/RecipientReportedData/Pages/RecipientProjectSummary.aspx?AwardIDSUR=46419&PopId=309748

Robert Bussard at Google Talks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk6z1vP4Eo8

• soontobe
    soontobe

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/05/10/6619613-fusion-goes-forward-from-the-fringe

Fusion goes forward from the fringe

A Navy-funded effort to harness nuclear fusion power reports that its unconventional plasma device is operating as designed and generating "positive results" more than halfway through the project.

The latest quarterly update from EMC2 Fusion Development Corp. comes amid other signs that seemingly oddball approaches to fusion research may not be all that oddball after all. Just last week,General Fusion announced that Amazon.com's billionaire founder, Jeff Bezos, was part of a $19.5 million investment round to further the company's plan to take advantage of a technology calledmagnetized target fusion. Another billionaire, Paul Allen, is an investor in Tri Alpha Energy, which is working on its own hush-hush fusion project (and occasionally publishing its research).

EMC2 Fusion doesn't have tens of millions of venture capital to play with — but it does have a $7.9 million Navy contract to test a plasma technology known as inertial electrostatic confinement fusion, also known as Polywell fusion. The idea is to accelerate positively charged ions in an electrical cage to such an extent that they occasionally spark a fusion reaction, releasing energy and neutrons. The concept was pioneered by the late physicist Robert Bussard, and carried forward by the EMC2 Fusion team in Santa Fe, N.M.

Some of the leading team members went on leave from Los Alamos National Laboratory to work on EMC2. Rick Nebel, the Los Alamos engineer who led the company since Bussard's death in 2007, retired from the company last November. Taking his place as acting chief executive officer isJaeyoung Park. The 41-year-old physicist says he's given up his position at Los Alamos to focus fully on EMC2.

• metatron
    metatron

Thank you for daring to get past the usual hostility.

I call this topic "Cold Fusion" not because that term is accurate but because that's the colloquial term for it. Some people prefer LENR but others get nearly violent with that term also. If I said, 'reported nickel-hydrogen anomaly' hardly anyone would know what I was talking about.

People used aspirin long before they understood how it worked. Having a LENR theory might not be necessary if the nickel-hydrogen reaction can be widely replicated. If so, the whole world changes and that's why I'm so interested.

I would point out that energy anomalies about hydrogen have been observed for most of a century - and were noticed by the great scientist, Irving Langmuir.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit