Cold Fusion Update: NASA

by metatron 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

I see you still havent begun to learn from your mistakes...

any updates on the last cold fusion scam you bought into with that italian guy?

you know, the guy you was convinced would begin to deliver cold-fusion installation in "a few months", about a year ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer

• soontobe
    soontobe
    I see you still havent begun to learn from your mistakes...

I am very skeptical as well. The Italian could well be a fraud, but is it a mistake to bring the subject up for discussion?

• bohm
    bohm

soontobe: did i say it was a mistake?

• metatron
    metatron

I am increasingly encouraged to see the continuing glib, superficial comments made by self appointed "science" zealots who don't bother to research the subject they challenge - or who try to deny or distort the progress made.

Name-calling, ad hominem remarks..... invented assertions about "scams" and more. Also, emotionalism and hysteria intended to shut down a topic. and this is "science"? Really? Is that how it's supposed to work?

The good guys are winning, regardless of your negativity and hate - and sadly, unlike many of you, I applaud them.

metatron

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Name-calling, ad hominem remarks

You mean like calling people zealots, superficial and full of negativity and hate like you did?

• metatron
    metatron

I am not in favor of your hate. I try to ignore the hate. I try to post without it but am forced to point it out, when I have no other choice.

As animations and glib remarks above show, the hate being expressed is gratuitous and eager. I do not troll threads and posts looking to spread it, unlike some guided otherwise, in matters of tech development.

metatron

• bohm
    bohm

did you get it all out metatron?

the fact is there is nothing outrageous in suggesting fusion can be observed under other circumstances than eg. the core of the sun and we would all be happy to read about actual science supporting ideas along these lines.

The problem is you get exited about every other scam or bullshit crackpot research idea and run with it; when its pointed out it has the evidential standard of santa claus you resort to name-calling, tirades about how other people resort to name-calling and finally whine a bit. apparently thats what you have also moved on to in this topic..

• Gopher
    Gopher

I first thought "oh no!" when I read the title "cold fusion", for which the earliest experimenters may have been little more than publicity hounds.

But then when I saw that the article came from a NASA page, it caught my interest. It seems to me that if an answer to this riddle is ever found, it will be worth all the convolutions it took to get there.

Sometimes though, the research takes them in some other direction where the resolution turns out to be something they didn't expect. One concern I have is whether there will be any byproducts from this that we have to safely store away like we do with fission. (Sorry if that's an ignorant question.)

I'm glad various kinds of approaches are being tried by some serious scientists, whether anything comes of this or not.

• metatron
    metatron

Bohm , you are dishonest. The name of a famous visionary scientist deserves better honor than your behavior.

Gopher, thanks.

metatron

• gone for good
    gone for good

Metatron-

What are your thoughts on the Liquid Flouride Thorium Nuclear Reactor? I watched a TED talk about this technology.

Sounds intriguing - had prototypes in the fifty or sixties - scalable construction etc ... GfG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit