Deluded Cult Speak By Jehovah's Witnesses

by BlindersOff1 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Please give any examples you've heard of JWs verbalizing cognitive dissonance , delusional reasoning . In other words CRAZY JW logic .Like

One JW mother recently told her son " even if you did have proof it wasn't the truth, I wouldn't want to read it"

I've also had a elder tell me that "if the Governing Body told me this green bible was black I would believe it was black"

• label licker
    label licker

Even if the governing body was wrong, you listen to them! as the CO hammers his fist down on the podium on the platform during his boring talk. Come to think of it, there was a brother who slept through that noise as well.

• Ding
    Ding

A CO once said to a friend of mine, "Even if this weren't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

That helped wake my friend up.

He thought (but didn't say aloud), "Yeah, if it's not the truth I can think of a LOT of thinks better than sitting through 5 meetings a week and going door to door the rest of my life."

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Thats a good one

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

I always hated how they used a watch as an example for creationism.

"When you see a watch, you see how intricate it is. It's simply not possible for a watch to build itself. It has a maker. Just as Earth had to have a maker. Therefore, God is real."

***** BUT... GOD CAME FROM NOWHERE. NOBODY MADE HIM. HE'S JUST ALWAYS BEEN. C'mon! ****

I almost got myself reproved (I was an unbaptized publisher) for doubting this little gem. They basically told me to keep my mouth shut.

I also couldn't stand the "The Bible is really God's word, BECAUSE IT SAY'S SO IN THE BIBLE"

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

"Even if the New System were a lie I would still serve Jehovah." That from an "anointed" one.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The main problem I had with the idea of a house or watch needing a maker is that it's simply not an organism. It doesn't have the ability to change over successive generations to conform to its environment and become more complex. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

But thank you for mentioning that other one, vajeni82. Allowing the Bible to tell us that it's divinely inspired is craaaaazy. It's a complete abandonment of our logical thinking abilities. I actually had an elder I was working with in service use that reasoning point on a skeptical atheist householder. I wanted to fall into a hole.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

" Allowing the Bible to tell us that it's divinely inspired is craaaaazy."

thats a good one

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Using the watch as an example of design is fine, it is, but if you find one out in the countryside why do you recognise it as something different ?

Because it is different, it is designed, the rocks and grass etc it lays in are not. Yet another failed JW illustration that bites them in the bum.

If you want to see the "JW reasoning" (a misnomer if ever there was one) in action and at its worst, then press some of them on why they believe it is the True Religion and God's Organization. As you bat down each "proof" with ease they are left with a response like someone's mom above :

"I don't want to hear it !"

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I have a fairly good one, but on the other side:

"If I have to live with this bunch for eternity, I don't want to live" That is the gospel truth for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit