Deluded Cult Speak By Jehovah's Witnesses

by BlindersOff1 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Skbj
    Skbj

My mother closes every argument with the point of " she must be right because she has faith. I Don't" My heart is blinded by Satan....recently she doesn't even name it, it's hilarious...last time we went into religion's subject was like watching the movie "The Village" where they called the bs monsters from the woods "those we don't speak about" LOL. She calls Satan every other word but by name. Like she's even sinning by naming him and I tell her if you want to discuss something call things by their names no..."He who runs this system of things" *deep roll of eyes*

• Emery
    Emery

It's funny how we've all at some point heard these.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

'We don't celebrate Christmas or Birthdays but we DO celebrate the Memorial of Christs death'. Yay, because we all know the memorial is soooo much fun don't we? Aren't we so lucky?!

'Isn't it great that the Organisation are really providing for the children these days? They really must care for our young ones' Yes, its fantastic, our children can now be brainwashed with crappy cartoons and irritating songs while having every ounce of their creativity and spirit slowly sucked out of them for the rest of their lives...

• DanmeraDinglebum
    DanmeraDinglebum

I asked a JW, what is the difference between the Catholic Church protecting pedophiles to "avoid costly lawsuits" and the WT protecting pedophiles to "avoid costly lawsuits"

He replied:

The CC does it out of greed. The WT does it to promote kingdom instrests, they need the money.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

"while having every ounce of their creativity and spirit slowly sucked out of them for the rest of their lives."

How True "brainmelt"

I've have noticed that creative talented people have a problem staying under the deluded mental reasonings of

the Watchtower fantasy .

• clarity
    clarity

"Even if this weren't the truth, can you think of a better way to live?"

>

After being on here for a couple of years, I have heard this

statement and thought OMG...who would say that (so stoopid!),

well, I found out 'who' ..... a good friend of mine! He called

me a liar when I told him some "new lite" and said ...wait 4 it..

Even if they are wrong, I would never leave!

clarity

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not my original, but I got it off this board a while ago :

• clarity
    clarity

Here's a bit of cult talk .... say one thing and do another!

>

Jehovah Hates The Course of Treachery, in the May 1st 2002 Watchtower:

>

LOL........... what a joke huh? Nobody does it like the watchtower!

clarity

10. Are we personally alert, so that no unrighteousness is found on our lips? For example, can our family members really trust what we say? Can our spiritual brothers and sisters in the congregation do the same? It would be easy to develop the habit of couching one’s words in terms that are technically accurate but misleading
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

"We are the happiest people on Earth"

The amazing thing is that they actually believe that despite all the evidence, well I suppose that isn't amazing, they ignore all the evidence about everything they believe, but they only need to look around their own small circle of JW's to see it isn't true.

I was told by a MS a few months after I walked away "You cannot be happy", I have never been so happy !

The Deluded Cult Speak really sinks in with them. Repeat a falsehood often enough and people will believe it to be true.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    "We are the happiest people on Earth"
    The amazing thing is that they actually believe that despite all the evidence, well I suppose that isn't amazing, they ignore all the evidence about everything they believe, but they only need to look around their own small circle of JW's to see it isn't true.

Yes, but JWs are conditioned to believe that everyone in the world is even worse off than they are! How the converts can believe this, I don't know. As a born-in with no "worldly" knowledge, it was easy for me to swallow this silly belief for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit