Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

We will not be attending this year. We did not attend last year either. Given our situation - no close family members in the borg and no friends left in the borg who will still speak to us, there's really no reason for us to go except to stir up trouble. Some days I wouldn't mind poking the hornet's nest for a little excitement, but right now it just seems like too much trouble.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Noooooooooo! I can't think of anywhere I'd rather not be.......also, I don't want to bolster their numbers with my presense.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Nope. I own no pantyhose.

Skeeter

• Pterist
    Pterist

It's amazing, we use to go to the KH to see everybody reject the very symbol of our ransom we supposedly thought we accepted. ???

As someone posted some time ago, at the first memorial, all 13 ate, just one was anointed !!!

• jworld
    jworld

no I will not attend. Last year I was finally mentally freed from thinking I should go to the memorial. This is my second year out!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

****er1-----> "I have no panty hose" lol

Me...Nope, can't make me. Not going to go.

Just Lois

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hiya Phizzy,

Those of you going should be ashamed.

That's a little harsh isn't it? I am going because I it's not an option not to go right now. I am still trying to keep the peace at home on basics like meetings, field service and family study. Plus I am serving

I guess it's easy to point the finger at the ones who are already out and are popping along for the yearly ritual but each to their own. For some it may be the one thing that makes the difference between total rejection by friends/family and being able to live a normal life the rest of the year.

Perhaps this will be my last one... Cantleave did the talk at his last memorial!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

2005 was thankfully my last one...would rather pick lint from my belly button.

• talesin
    talesin

I have not set foot in a KH since I was 18, so nope!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No. don't believe in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit