Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by Open mind 85 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Now that i think about it, i haven't missed one memorial yet. Even after i left a few years ago, i have attended every one.

In my case there is this couple that i'm still friends with, that always asks us to go, so that we can go to dinner after and socialize. I never have any intention to go, but somehow they end up calling and "begging" us to go, so they can see us and grab a bite afterwards.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

For some JW's that night is like a red carpet for them, a moment for modeling their new clothes and hairstyles.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

We aren`t going. Havnt been to one in 5 years. We dont even get an invite. My suits probably dont fit anyway! My mums invited us to dinner on saturday though. I know from my Dad that we will definately get an invite this year.

She`s a uber dub who kinda smirks when she asks what someone believes in. Then she laughs in their face if its a christendom religion. You know the type of j dub i mean. I love her to bits, but, i know its not the real person. She has severe ocd, shouts at my 13 year old sister all the time, and constantly goes in the service. She has no life outside the org. I think shes lost control of her own life because shes given it all to the faithless and not so discreet slave pedo ring.

So now i have to say no, we are NOT going to play happy families by going to an apostate charade. After all, its only to make her look good as our rescuer from this wicked world. Why do the "unbelievers" have to be the ones to walk on egg shells to keep the peace with the so called believers? I for one, will stand up for what i believe. And be very proud.

GoneAwol...for good

• LV101
    LV101

GoneAwol --- isn't that the truth how they want to "look good as our rescuer". Aint gonna happen! Makes me sick how they're demeaning about all other religions.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I find human sacrifice disdainful. Yuk.

S

• moshe
    moshe

Some have been away from the KH for a very long time- -

• Heaven
    Heaven

I don't get it... JWs attend a Reject Jesus Party where they do not partake of the emblems for the wrong reasons on the wrong day.

As for me... I will NOT be attending. Why not?

I must:

a) Wash my hair.

b) Change the tires on my jeep.

c) I am not a cannibal.

d) I need my sleep as I must get up early in the morning.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I remember when I looked forward to the memorial, I would get a new dress and get my children all dressed up. It was at least something different from the usual boredom. After a while it got old, it just seemed to lose its meaning. I was pretty disconnected from the congregation by then, I didn't enjoy it. I went once after I left, just to please my mother, that was 12 years ago. I can't imagine being able to sit through it now that I know TTAT.

• prologos
    prologos

pterist, thank you for going into the history, but if I read it right. The ONE ANNOINTED id not Partake. true, he ate some of the bread-- before and after, like scooping up the sauce, and drinking some wine, but

During the ceremony itself, he broke the bread, served the wine but Jesus did not partake with the others. why would he?

According to legend he did not need the redemption promised by the New Covenant.

Partaking is like a double insurance, just in case

there was a talking snake,

a midget in the fish's belly for 3.5 days. with gastric juice protection and oxigen supply.

but it is going to be a gorgeous moon.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

But - having said that - If a group of you go and partake of the wine and bread with the idea you are doing this to honor Jeus Christ and to be part of the Body of Christ and the universal priesthood of all believers everywhere in every religion whose hearts only God himself can read, if that is your intention, then I am sure the Holy Spirit will be with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit