Bless the stupid one, he speaks about the meek, poor in

spirit, merciful, pure in heart and etc. Yet the WT is encouraging

this.

• Ding
    Ding

What words in the previous version had to be looked up? "Happifying?"

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I can see a study article from the near future here...

''Welcome to todays watchtower lesson, lets have the first paragraph read''...

Paragraph 1: OBEY the Governing body.

Thankyou

Question for paragraph 1: WHO are you to OBEY?

yes brother clever?

We are to OBEY the Governing Body.

well, thats it for todays watchtowers study...wasn't that refreshingly to the point brothers and sisters''?

Oz

• St George of England
    St George of England
    What's a "paean"?

It's what is felt in the neck or a*se from someone......

Sorry, that's 'pain'

It's a song of praise or kind of thanksgiving.

George

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?... Has it ever occurred to your, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?... The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact, there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Orthodoxy means not thinking-not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."
    - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 5

• Suraj Khan
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Gerrit Lösch (GB member) stated recently that " pursuing higher education is like putting a gun to your head "

When someone says something like that, you know that this person has a disingenuous apathetic underlining motive.

Religion is about controlling people's thoughts, when you control their thoughts, you control their actions.

The WTS. is about gaining power and control over people, to make these ones the organization's own distributing sales representatives.

Lies, coercion, misinformation, fear mongering, guilt whatever it takes.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    Gerrit Lösch (GB member) stated recently that " pursuing higher education is like putting a gun to your head "

Wow. Can you point me to a source for that quote?

• Mum
    Mum

How are they supposed to "understand the scriptures" if they are not supposed to learn the meanings of the words? More doublespeak.

Regards,

SandraC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So much for the claim that 6 years of WT literature is the same as a 4 year degree. Are they shooting for 20 years now?

I remember the old timers back in the late 80's complaining that things were getting dunmbed down. I used to hear strories of having 10 scriptures per topic ready to show the householder as a must do. Nowadays u mention John 1:1 and dubs are reaching for thier bible.

The books seemed a lot more complicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit