December 15 Watchtower --- A New Low in WT Anti-Intellectualism

by Room 215 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanmeraDinglebum
    DanmeraDinglebum

Can it get any more 1984? So un-good.

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

They are starting to sound like the cult version of the movie Idiocracy. In another 10 years the WT will just be pictures of people getting hit in the groin. (you need to watch the movie to get that reference)

• rocketman
    rocketman

All of us, at times, have to simplify things in order to be understood. Parents have to simplify things for their young children, which seems to be a major part of the purpose of the Simplified WT.

The college-educated woman apparently recognized that, being very-well educated, she may have had difficulty expressing certain concepts in simple terms. This can hinder rather than help, depending on the person being addressed. Talking over someone's head isn't going to help them, nor is turning them away until they matched her educational level going to help them either. The simple fact is, some people are more educated than others.

I would think that, with more people of low-income, low social status, and people from third-world countries making up the bulk of newer converts, the simplification is necessary and helpful to the jw cause, whether you suspect that cause to be nefarious or not.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All I can say is that things have altered immensely from the days of F.W. Franz, when (like in a 1972 Awake) words such as "revivify" often appeared:

- I can well remember having to consult a dictionary over that one, just to confirm that there was such a word in the English language!

What Rocketman says is quite correct - and a sad commentary on the (only) type of persons attracted by WTS sales techniques.

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit