Interesting Comment From an Active Elder

by DarioKehl 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DarioKehl, Interesting conversation! Thanks for sharing.

Elder: ... maybe this younger batch on the GB are mostly Pharisees

Ya' think! Now if YOU said that, you would be in trouble.

Elder: ... in my experience, any time someone starts partaking out of the blue, it's only a matter of months before they become apostate

Is there another way to start partaking besides "out of the blue"? That actually is a silly comment. Anyone that starts partaking does it suddenly; one year they didn't, then they did.

DarioKehl: I was dumbfounded ..., how could he be so naiive about all the major changes ... ?

Dubs are trained to not pay too close attention, but to appear to be paying attention. The devil is in the details and will lead to apostasy.

You're on the money about it being mind-control. Once you see it, it's astounding to watch it work.

00DAD

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I was dumbfounded for 2 reasons. First, how could he be so naiive about all the major changes I'd mentioned that have happened since 2007? Second, how could he not have noticed the massive increase in partakers? This man is obviously under heavy, heavy indoctrination/mind control.

He was suffering from that common malady found in Kingdom Halls, which I call dubnesia. He sits in meetings and is in a trance, so afterword he has no idea what he actually heard. He only knows that he feels good about hearing it and that it was somehow wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHPnPkM_Tk

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you. Interesting to hear what a real live brainwashed, drink the kool -aid, JW Elder had to say.

Just Lois

• clarity
    clarity

Dario ... great post,

keep us updated with this guy will you?

>

Bobcat .... I'm stunned ... never saw that

>

But in the Kingdom Hall, when you partake, you are proclaiming your 'hope,' that you are 'anointed and are going to heaven.

In the Bible, it is all about Jesus. In the KH it is all about the partaker

>

clarity

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

00DAD:

Is there another way to start partaking besides "out of the blue"?

Since I gave a little of my experience earlier, I'll add to it on account of the "out of the blue" comment.

The year before I began partaking I was one of the servers at the Memorial. As the brother was giving the talk, something struck me about his use of John 10:16. Thinking back now, I'm not exactly sure what it was, only that something was amiss. It led to months of research on the subject of partaking at the Lord's Evening Meal. The answer that my research was consistantly coming up with was that all Christians should partake.

After concluding that, I then went about researching and pondering the idea that since my partaking would be controversial at the Hall, maybe it would be best to refrain so as to not make any sort of public spectacle. I spent several months considering that, but again concluded that if it was a command to do it, then, there was no getting around it.

Having concluded that, with several months before the Memorial, I decided that I would attend another congregation for the Memorial so as not to cause any 'scene.' Unfortunately, the other elders decided amongst themselves that I would give the memorial talk. They decided this without my presence for the decision.

So, the first time was literally in front of all 200 or so and as the last one served the emblems. It was a shock to many, to be sure. I did reword the outline in such a way as to avoid saying anything against what I then understood to be the truth about it. As far as I can tell, no one noticed, which coincides with what others say about a lack of analytical thought in general at the KH. As a curious side note, many more visitors partook than is usual. I kind of think they may have picked up on my rewording more than the congregation members.

Needless to say, I never was given the Memorial talk again due to the fact that by the time the next Memorial came around I was no longer an elder.

There was nothing "out of the blue" about my decision to partake. I saw it as a well-considered act of faith in God, Jesus and His Word that, ironically enough, would be roundly condemned by the Society.

Take Care

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Bobcat, thanks for sharing.

I would expect your experience would be similar for most, maybe all, that partake. From your perspective it was a well-reasoned, carefully thought out decision, not something you just did on a whim as the emblems were passed.

My comment was in reference to the OP Elder's statement. No doubt, from the point of view of others in a congregation when someone partakes for the first time it seems to come "out of the blue" to them. Your comment, " It was a shock to many, to be sure, " confirms that.

00DAD

• moshe
    moshe

Only a few more months before the big party at the KH-

• Ding
    Ding

Moshe,

Don't forget that according to the GB, a lot has happened since 1914, most of it invisible, including the 1918-1919 selection of the faithful and discreet slave the end of 6,000 years of man's existence, the overlapping of generations, the GB suddenly realizing that they ARE the faithful and discreet slave, and more and more new light.

Very happifying!

How grateful we should be!

• minimus
    minimus

The elder doesn't seem very bright.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm wondering, if this is the case, is the reason for the increasing partakers mostly composed of delusional, megalomanical nuts who really believe they're annointed? . . . I do know of a few people who recently began partaking within the last 15 years or so (and these aren't people who were alive prior to 1935. These are people who started partaking in their 20s-50s) and they're all either totally nuts or have since left the organization.

Without exception, every "new" partaker with whom I am acquainted is on meds. Bipolar/depression/schizophrenia.

You've got it: totally nuts.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit