Interesting Comment From an Active Elder

by DarioKehl 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

'Barely make it'. Boy the flashbacks, I use to leave assemblies so depressed.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I wanna call my sister and say it's been 15 years since you said 10 maybe 20.... "how's it going" .. let me guess it's another10 or maybe 20

wake up...

• gorgia
    gorgia

DarioKehl,

Well done! What an interesting conversation. Thanks so much for posting it.

gorgia

• Ding
    Ding

Baby born in 1914 = 1914 generation

This baby lives to be 100: 2014

A baby born just before the 100-year old dies is of the same generation

This baby lives to be 100: 2114

A baby born just before this 100-year-old dies is of the same generation...

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

First, how could he be so naiive about all the major changes I'd mentioned that have happened since 2007? Second, how could he not have noticed the massive increase in partakers?

Yes great post... how can they be so naiive? they trust in the FDS... are conditioned to NOT think for themselves .. it's wrong too think at all really..

keep us posted I wanna hear more from this elder

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

Even the most straight edged elders are doubting what is happening...the only people who aren't are the gungo-ho wack job elders, and ironically, they are the gift that keeps giving, because they are the ones completely destroying the religion like a wild boar locked in a candy store. they better pray god is not real, i can just see them standing before god like they are 8 years old with their thumbs in their mouth "but i didn't know that?" but but but i didn't know? anyone else pick up on this? i see grown men with this excuse from time to time, i expect to hear that from a 9 year old..."but i didn't know" ohhhhhh you didn't know silly me, I THOUGHT YOU KNEW *slaps back* don't worry about it, go ahead you're free.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Marked thanks

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just for the record the Generation overlapping is of ANOINTED ONES, not rank&file.

"What does this explanation mean to us? Although we cannot measure the exact length of "this generation," we do well to keep in mind several things about the word "generation": It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6) How, then, are we to understand Jesus' words about "this generation"? He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. That generation had a beginning, and it surely will have an end."

" Brother Barr made clear that the gathering would not continue indefinitely. He referred to Matthew 24:34, which says: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." He twice read the comment: "Jesus evidently meant that the lives of the anointed ones who were on hand when the sign began to be evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." We do not know the exact length of "this generation," but it includes these two groups whose lives overlap. Even though the anointed vary in age, those in the two groups constituting the generation are contemporaries during part of the last days. How comforting it is to know that the younger anointed contemporaries of those older anointed ones who discerned the sign when it became evident beginning in 1914 will not die off before the great tribulation starts! "

Bobcat, thanks for clarifying the partaking situation. One thing to consider about " crazy partakers " is that the mind control of the WTBTS can make anyone nuts. Just because someone may be a little off, that does not mean they have a bad heart, or think they are better than others.

Dariokehl, that is a great conversation. If that Elder has the opinion that new partakers are likely apostates, he didn't form it on his own. That is likely an instance where the GB presents two views. The public view is that partaking is between an individual and their creator. The private view is that they are a potential threat, especially if the Congregation knows they are not crazy. That view of " apostasy " has filtered down from the top, all the way to the Elders.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

DATA:

"How comforting it is to know that the younger anointed contemporaries of those older anointed ones who discerned the sign when it became evident beginning in 1914 will not die off before the great tribulation starts! "

This part of the quotation above struck me as possibly being a mind-constraining device. They introduce this new understanding of "this generation," and before you get a chance to debate it or analyze it, they are already congratulating the readers for how comforting this new understanding is. It's like heading off the mind's reasoning ability before it gets a chance to engage the new understanding.

• Think About It
    Think About It

This was very interesting. Please keep us posted, if you have anymore conversations like this.

This was a good approach that many others still in should try. (apostacratic warfare-LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit