Women: Are they Equal to Men ?

by villagegirl 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Since women can't write their name in the snow, how could they possibly be equal??

Sure they can write their names in the snow. They just don't have to pull their zippers down to do it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Equal" is rather limiting. For no one is equal to anyone. We all have differences and similarities. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

What we must strive for is Valuing Diversity and treating people equitably, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religious belief, etc. This is our way forward. Subjugating someone is oppressive and destructive. It halts growth, joy, and creativity.

I watched my Mother subjugate herself to my Father and this religion. She was miserable. She shutdown and stopped living life. She became destructive towards herself and us. For 11 years she lived chronically ill and ultimately died, in my opinion, way before her time.

• caliber
    caliber

The great equalizers..

maybe we only need the one washroom now

• Heaven
    Heaven

maybe we only need the one washroom now

In many Universities, they have co-ed washrooms. I think I prefer them to be kept separate... maybe I'm just getting too old.

I have been sexually harrassed at work in the past and would not feel comfortable if the washrooms were co-ed in my workplace.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't think it is as simple as equal or unequal and it does not have anything to do with one being "better" than the other.

I think women are equal in intelligence (although some egotistical men might disagree). They are different emotionally (no secret there) and this can be a good thing. They were created with a different physical purpose (also, no secret).

I do think that women deserve equal pay if they perform equal work. And just because women are pointing out mistreatment and disrespect (which is an understatement in much of the world) or demanding equal rights does not make them "men haters" like some individuals might say.

It is as though people expect a woman to accept the role of masochist, being dehumanized or having their intelligence insulted. I saw some of this in the JW religion and wasn't having any of it. If this makes me a "man hater", well so be it.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I miss New Chapter's input on threads like this.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

FlyingHighNow - LOVE that comment

• barry
    barry

All I can say about this subject is our queen is a women Elizabeth 11. Our governor general is a women and our prime minister is a women.

Churches are also changing too we recently went to an induction of a priest in a new church and the service was held by a women bishop also many Anglican priests are women. There is a growing number of Adventist female ordained ministers.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

some women are more equal than others

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow - LOVE that comment

I'm so glad you did. Lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit