Women: Are they Equal to Men ?

by villagegirl 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I think someone needs to define what they mean by "Equal", because I don't believe anyone is equal to anyone, except that we are all equally human. Beyond that, we are all different or NOT "Equal".

• designs
    designs

There is wage discrimination in many parts of the world.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** But that was not in the Original Plan*****

The "Wisdom" of Yahweh in the OT is metaphorically "female" this Wisdom is the exact representation of "Fathers" nature that was revealed to us as the Eternal Life of God in Flesh. 1 John 1:1-4

God does NOT discriminate ! Why would "HE" metaphorically speaking, God is Spirit and those that worship "Father, Source of All Life" worship in Spirit and Truth. John 3:6, John 4:23-24

Shalom child of God.

• designs
    designs

That's why there were Queens who ruled Israel and women presided over the priesthood, and of course the famous 6 Female Apostles of Jesus

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

There is wage discrimination in many parts of the world.

There is also jealousy in every part of the world. I wish the left would make a law against that too.

• designs
    designs

Maybe jealousy is at the heart of men's fears about having women on an equal footing in business and elsewhere.

• Pterist
    Pterist

** That's why there were Queens who ruled Israel and women presided over the priesthood, and of course the famous 6 Female Apostles of Jesus **

Debra ! ...

1 Corinthians 11... It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own [c] head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

There is a certain order in the universe, this entropic creation. It was transformed in Christs death and resurrection as things were made NEW. Angels become subject to mankind's NEW elevated position. Psalm 8:6-7, Hebrews 2:5-9.

The shadows of the past and present are not the reality of the eternal future. Colossians 2:20

• designs
    designs

Tough break for the angels.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Maybe jealousy is at the heart of men's fears about having women on an equal footing in business and elsewhere.

And it's also at the heart of many women's fears as well. But that doesn't define equal. We are ALL different.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Good break for ALL humanity, who want it. But if its consistent with Christ's principles of authority it should be ok, I hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit