Pro-JW website SLAMS apostates

by yadda yadda 2 28 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

They've learned the Watchtower style very well, they just take it to a bit more of an extreme. Lots of personal attacks and ad hominems, and absolutely no attempt whasoever to actually refute anything that apostates say about the JW organization, teachings and practices. No meaningful dialogue, just try to scare the faithful away from listening. Of course, that's what you have to do when your own positions don't hold any water.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

How did they know I grew fur and long fangs?

Dubbies, come here and say these things to our face. Unless you're afraid.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

If you want to lure them here all you need is some fresh blood; they crave blood (the ms and elders) ,many of them. what i mean by that is, people (especially women but also men) who are scared and indecisive, that are possibly also in the midst of some trouble with them--if they hear those people voicing dissent it drives them into a blood frenzy in some cases. reminds me of that line from frisky dingo where the girl says "please don't kill me" to killface, and he replies, "please don't make it so appealing". it's the same concept, scared girl ends up saying all the wrong things, makes them want to sink their teeth in all the more. the more decisive and angry you are the less you see that, because then they can just say: "look at how crazy those apostates are", but if you speak in a meek tone and are very indecisive but you are leaning toward the fact that the elders are in fact wrong, oh god, blood frenzy.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

What a load of old bollocks. It is really easy to counter apostates - simply respond to their objections with accurate and truthful information, if there is any.

It's also interesting that the problem is said to be lack of faith. Most religious people have faith, most of them don't have faith in JW beliefs but something else.

Ah, they say, but it's not any old faith you need, it's faith in the true God - q: but lots of people have faith in what they see as the true God.

Ah but their faith is in the wrong God - q: yes, but how would they know that?

By research and testing what they are told - q: but we tried that with JWs and found apparent errors, when we pointed this out we were told to have faith in the Organisation, when we pressed the point we we're persecuted and driven out.

Ah yes, but that's because you didn't have enough faith... Etc etc ad nauseam.

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Why do you give yourselves / allow others to give you labels? I am not an apostate. I simply think the whole lot of jw doctrine is rubbish. Isn't freedom of thought and speech a fundamental human right. The term apostate certainly doesn't apply to me and hopefully you all will stop seeing yourselves as apostate.

• rebel8
    rebel8

APOSTASY,: WHO LET THE DOG'S OUT!?

It's unfortunate when bullies are inept at using their weapons of choice (words).

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Pro Russel site. Do they realize they may be viewed as apostate themselves? Do they realize Russel is no longer a member of the faithful and discreet slave?

I don't think they have thought this out.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

LOL! That site claims that Charles Taze Russell was NOT the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses. Oh, really? A quick look in the Publications Index under the term "founder" shows several religions, one of which is Jehovah's Witnesses. Then pops up w84 2/1 p. 11:

"Earlier that day, after completing the formal legal requirements of the corporation, Frederick W. Franz, president of the Watch Tower Society, delivered the keynote address of the day. He traced the history of Jehovah’s Witnesses from the time of the first president of the Society, Charles T. Russell"

Apparently Fred Franz was misinformed.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

“Deconstructing the Apostate Mentality ”
    Apostates generally take their course of action because they believe free thought is being suppressed, hence they feel a "crisis of conscience."

However, truth be told, their complaint is not really one of suppression, but one of inclusion. When THEIR views are rejected, they often lash out. When someone dares to question them at some point in time, accusations are hurled about. What it really comes down to is not free thought after all, but only THEIR thought. Only they can be right! They are just as exclusionary as the group they have left. They SAY they want their readers to "draw his or her own conclusions" but they do this in the same breath as accusing the other side of the argument of "deception." [Carl Olof Jonnson's Gentile Times Reconsidered] Hence, there is no room for another conclusion. The line has been drawn. The apostates has the reader thinking his is the only enlightened view, and the other conclusion we can draw is mired in deception and lies.

Ummmm.... doesn't WT do THIS VERY SAME THING?

• rebel8
    rebel8

leaving_quietly, check this out: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/99745/1/To-Barbara-Anderson-Re-First-WatchTower-President

"Conley became the first President of the Watch Tower Society when it was legally formed as an "association" entity in 1881."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit