"Why Do Many Male Jehovah Witnesses Who Learn TTATT Grow Beards"?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

You get tired of shaving everyday and wanted to see what it would look like over time

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I read somewhere that growing a beard would have connotations with communism, the hippie movement and other "rebellious" gropus.

It's no small wonder that many who leave display a beard as a "freedom badge".

Eden

• BU2B
    BU2B

I agree that it serves as a visible symbol that the religion holds no authority anymore over them. Also many look better with a beard, and some may have trouble with ingrown hairs but most of all it shows that we are no longer under their control

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

...Because we can. Plain and simple. After being forced to shave all those years who can blame us right?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I started questioning whether this was actually true, and then realized the few men I knew who left the religion did grow beards. My son, who was raised in the religion, has a beard.

I guess for the same reason my husband grew one when he retired from the army, because he could. I don't mind, he looks great with a beard, I can't imagine him any other way.

• cedars
    cedars

Similar to TimeBandit - there is now absolutely no reason for me to shave unless it gets uncomfortable or I am attending some important event. Maybe if I didn't work at home and I needed to look prim and proper for an employer it would be different, but once you break free from the organization you're very much your own master when it comes to grooming. I'm enjoying it!

Cedars

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

My wife likes my facial hair (except when it's at the "sandpaper" stage).

It's an outward symbol of my non-dedication to the Watchtower Corp..

It freaks many Watchtowerites out.

No more ingrown hairs.

Warm face in the wintertime.

As has been mentioned already...because I can!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Some might think it's a rebelious thing. But I don't think so, in many cases. As a JW I remember talking to many friends that wished they could have a beard. I knew several elders that would talk about their beards before becoming JWs, and missing them.

I think the beard may be one way to show your freedom! I don't have one myself, as it looks retarded on me. But there are many that always wanted one, at least to see what it looked like on them, but were never allowed. Now they can experiment and be free to look however they desire!

• akafreelife
    akafreelife

Growing my beard was one of the first things i ever did when i left the org. I also made my hair so devilish and spikey they would throw me out of a hall if i ever walked in one with the rockstar look i have now! Screw them and their delusional thinking of how your pyhsical apperance shows what kind of charactor you really are inside. I am a very kind compasionate and caring man who would do anything for anyone. Who the f are they to judge that by my looks. The man made rules are rediculous.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Don't like shaving, look good with a goatee and hate the fact that I could not it before. That's why I do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit