Complaints About My False Eyelashes at the Hall. WEARING THEM EVEN BIGGER TONIGHT.

by OneStepOut93 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

i think satanus is a gaga fan....

ive never worn false lashes, bought some once but couldnt get the knack of putting them on!

am thinking of going to makeup counter (MAC if possible!) to get them applied professionally for a night out with my hubby in a couple of weeks. rather exciting...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Now that my memory has been jogged by this thread, I wore tons of eye makeup and mini skirts to KIngdom Hall. My mom wanted to be a fashion desigher before she was expelled for flag salute. She supported me.

I dressed very collegiate which made me stand out more.

My mom was beat to a pulp for wearing bangs and coloring her hair to her original hair color.

Once I started with the eye makeup, older male authority figures were amused by it. The whole coming of age thing was going on. If my father noticed my bangs and eye makeup, I would have been curtains. He never did.

I started out with Yardley of London, moved up to Shisheido, and then did Chanel and Estee Lauder. Oh, Clinique was in the mix for a short time.

Recently, I had a conversation at Macy's with the Clinique teenager that makeup is not only for looking pretty, but also be elegant and dramatic. I ended up at Lancome in Neiman-Marcus. When that kid has decades of Vogue under her belt, she might be a resource.

• tec
    tec

This thread is awesome.

I just wanted to say... Good for you!

Tell me i can't have something, do something, say something...? Well, I'll just double up on those things for ya' then

Peace,

tammy

• Think About It
    Think About It

This is a good thread. Lol

Years ago, there was this one attractive sister that I knew since years earlier that had an unbelieving husband. She would only occasionally come to meetings, but when she did I got the extra big smile, touchy feely hug, and I will never forget how she batted her eyelashes at me. Think very pretty, tall, slim, built, long brown hair w/ big brown eyes that had sexy lashes. My then JW wife would always tell me afterwards how this sister always fawned over me. Even after I became elder.....I felt no need to counsel her on her eye lashes.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Makeup is not just makeup for us. It is a politcal statement. Every time I purchase makeup, I think of how I was not supposed ot wear it. It is a celebration of being apostate. It reminds me of my Christmas tree. It is all the more precious b/c I had ot sneak it.

What is it iwth men in the Witnesses wanting asexual wives. Blondie's post reminds me of the Taliban.

I had dreams of being a fashion or beauty editor at Vogue, Glamour, or Mademoiselle.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Oh I remember the days of my frumpy long and loose flowered dresses. I dress like a real woman now.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Let me get this straight.

You are in a religion run by at least a couple men with bad combovers,

and the members are complaining about your fake eyelashes?!??

Watchtower doctrines are a joke

• Think About It
    Think About It

KB......for that combover comment your portion of holy spirit from the Governing Body F&DS will only flow at 75% rate max. You just dissed 2 Watchtower Popes.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Good.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'i think satanus is a gaga fan....'

I havn't listened to any of her songs. I like how she turns herself into art. Very creative.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit