VATICAN HIT BY LIGHTNING

by Prefect 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I would submit that this forum is not predicated on contempt at all, in any shape or form.

This forum, in my understanding, exists and was founded firstly as a vehicle for information and support, a meeting place for those wounded by the Watchtower organisation.

My understanding is that this forum was founded and is maintained for entirely positive reasons. Contempt is negative. I know very well that I am not the only Catholic here, nor even the only practising one. My own revulsion with the Watchtower stems from my observation that they turn people away from a true knowledge of a loving God, even though within the framework of a world damaged by all manner of terrible things.

My own horrible Watchtower experience, from which I still shudder at what nearly became of me, has allowed me to turn from that mistake back to God's love within a framework that reaches the depths of me. Your own path has led you to disbelief. I make no comment on that other than to remind you of it.

Yes, individuals within every organisation do evil things. That's the reality of the human condition and free will. But respect for the deeply-held beliefs of others need not be lost for the sake of free discussion. This forum has rules, and free speech has its bounds.

Otherwise, those so vocal and adamant in rejecting all religion as they reject the Watchtower run the risk of doing so in the same blanket manner, using the same thought processes as the Watchtower leaders they so loudly reject.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't think posting guidline 2 says....no LOLing at the popes dress style.

I hope Prince isn't offended...

• cofty
    cofty
    Yes, individuals within every organisation do evil things.

The RC church is rotten to its very core.

• designs
    designs

The Pope did threw a lateral with the football to let some other Cardinal deal with the sex abuse scandals. Now he hides out in Vatican City away from the Law.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thats a great video cofty...I think this one is also fantastic by Hitch. He pulls no punches. And ironically, he is debating with representatives of the catholic church. It seems they take less offence than some of their followers and he is saying a LOT worse than anyone here has said. I think this debate is actually being held in a methodist hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OQHxkX-tyYU

• still thinking
    still thinking

My own revulsion with the Watchtower stems from my observation that they turn people away from a true knowledge of a loving God...Chariklo

Funny, because my own revulsion with the watchtower AND the catholic church is that they turn people away from knowledge and teach fairytales and predjudice instead of basic human rights. And BOTH religions like to cover up child abuse.

If the worst I say about them is that they wear frilly slips and big hats they are getting off lightly.

• still thinking
    still thinking

So humble...Just like Jesus.

• cofty
    cofty

I particularly enjoyed the debate because Anne Widdecombe is one of my least favourite people.

When you listen to her contribution and that of the African bishop they are absolutely vacuous.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well..other than deny history...what can they really say cofty?

I like Hitchens debates v Dinesh D'souza, a catholic apologist....D'souza is a good debater.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This isn't hatred Char - it is pointing out the stupidity of Faith and the belief that god has chosen a paedophile protecting, ex-Nazi!

Just for good measure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrHr4EhOVQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit