by Prefect 53 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Edit: It's HintOfLime!

Yay!

- Lime

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hello Prefect! Yes, it is odd that the Vatican would get hit by lightning just a few hours after the Pope announced his resignation. The odds of that particular building being hit at such a time is probably like the odds of winning the lottery. Yes, buildings get hit by lightning all of the time, but this was quite an interesting "coincidence" due to the timing.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

"I bet it shook up the superstitious Vatican though!"

Why do you call the Vatican superstitious, Loz?

• cofty
    cofty

Char - they belive in angels and demons, saints, miracles, transubstantiation .. the list is endless.

If that isn't superstitious then pope isn't a Catholic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oh man God is really pissed off.

Probably knows that the Pope wants to ride out on the pension he's going to get.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

"Char - they belive in angels and demons, saints, miracles, transubstantiation .. the list is endless.

If that isn't superstitious then pope isn't a Catholic."

You can say "you" instead of "they", Cofty. I'm Catholic too, having thankfully escaped from my JW misadventure.

You choose to call it superstition. Some, including myself, would call it faith. The fact that those with faith believe in something you don't, does not make it, or them, superstitious.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Hours after the court reached the verdict on the Candace Conti case lightning strikes.

• cofty
    cofty

Char - One definition of superstition is ...

"Excessively credulous belief in and reverence for supernatural beings."

Intercession of saints - prayers to a perpetual virgin - the belief that a celibate man in a frock mumbling a few Latin words over some wine and crackers can conjure up the body and blood of a dead man .....

If one person believed this stuff we would call them insane. Over a billion people believe it and we just call them Catholics.

By any definition you are deeply superstitious.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

So, Cofty, to you, monks and nuns and priests and all who hold a deep religious faith are superstitious?

If that's your definition, then in your eyes, yes, I will be. However, that is your very subjective view, not a definition that would be recognised by many billions of people worldwide.

If you feel comfortable to denigrate religious faith in that way, well, I find that a bit sad for you, and while it doesn't diminish my faith or that of billions in the slightest, sorry to say it, but I think it does say something about a mind that is so closed.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...it's a sign...but is it a sign that god is pissed off or happy? Is he FINALLY saying something? Anything? What does it mean? oooh God works in mysterious ways...lolololol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit