Playing Around With the Most Important Scripture In Watchtower Theology - Again

by Cameron_Don 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was shocked when this was first brought to my attention :

During the court hearing on October 11, legal counsel for the Watchtower Society, Rachel van Witsen, from Vincent Toole Solicitors (the WTS's in-house law firm located inside Bethel, Australia) made a statement on behalf of the Watchtower Society that:-

"The faithful and discreet slave is not a legal entity."

Vincent Toole Solicitors then went on to present arguments that the "faithful and discreet slave" do not exist as a "person" nor do they exist as an "unincorporated body" and nor do they exist as a "body" of Christians.
    Literally Vincent Toole Solicitors were arguing that the "faithful and discreet slave" should be struck off the charge list because they simply do not exist. In one broad sweeping statement the Watchtower Society and their in-house legal team completely destroyed the entire fabric and structure of the faith of some 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses. What next happened goes beyond the wildest imaginings that any Jehovah's Witness could ever believe was possible.
    Steven Unthank stood up, looked around the courtroom, and then actually defended the "faithful and discreet slave" and the beliefs and doctrinal teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. No one else came to the defense of the FDS. Steven Unthank, as the current acting prosecutor, was the only person who defended them. Unthank then presented argument that the FDS was real and was that body of Jehovah's Witness Christians that had religious responsibility over the entire Christian congregation.

The Watchtower Society and Vincent Toole Solicitors then presented rebuttal argument that the "faithful and discreet slave" did not exist but were nothing more than a:-

"theological arrangement"

A massive gasp could be heard emanating from the gallery from amongst a group of Jehovah's Witnesses who had attended to watch the hearing. It is worth noting that Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that to deny the "faithful and discreet slave" is to deny the Christ and that those who deny the Christ are the antichrist.
    The Watchtower Society and Vincent Toole Solicitors then turned on the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and denied that they existed or operated within Victoria and Australia. The magistrate did not accept this argument and, after seeking approval from Steven Unthank, adjourned all the court hearings for four weeks"...............................

The seriousness of the above can be summarised by the above statement that the entire fabric and belief structure that is the Wathtower Bible and Tract Society has now been publicly called into question by their own legal department.

• QC
    QC

Yadda,

this may all be leading up to is eventual 'new light' that the 'other sheep' can partake of the emblems at the memorial too.

There may come a tipping point where the GB realize they are perceived as not "Jehovah's organization" and in an act of desperation issue "new light" for "other sheep" to partake. But that would exacerbate their predicament. .

They will be "weeping and gnashing their teeth" with the hypocrites as they get totally "cut off" from God. Mt 24:51

Looks like Catholicism is on the ropes too. 2013-2014 is going to be interesting. By that time we will be 100 years since 1914. Noah's preached circa 100 year, "just as it was in the days of Noah...they took no note until the floods came." Mt 24:37-39

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks Pterist.

I guess my point is this.. Where exactly does that information come from? Who recorded it? If it is just from Joe Shmoe then I will not even bother showing it to anyone. Does Steve Unthank give some more info somewhere? Is this case done for good? I have been trying to find some official document of the court concerning this information. Without some official letterhead or a court Website, it is heresay as far as JW's go.

I guess that I am pissed off, and tired of looking for something concrete on this statement. I would think that Steve Unthank would be saying something about it. Maybe he is and I have missed it? Maybe he can't share any documents for some reason? We can read all about Candice Conti and Menlo Park, but not this? I have to take that statement with a grain of salt until I see something REAL, and I am no JW apologist..

• Pterist
    Pterist

Data-Dog***** I guess that I am pissed off, and tired of looking for something concrete on this statement. I would think that Steve Unthank would be saying something about it*****

Yes, you are correct, I could not find any official docs. On the reported statements in this case. Nothing specific on Unthank's website. Also, I tracked it down to this specific court in Victoria .......http://www.magistratescourt.vic.gov.au/jurisdictions/judgments-and-decisions ....and found nothing specific either.

However, regardless, of this court case, don't you think the GB have coverned their derrières in their new TWO definations of the FDS ? They can conveniently say or claim "We are the FDS", based on defination one, and for litigation purposes "We are NOT the FDS" based on defination two. One to the r&f as they lord their authority over them, and the other to anyone else that holds them responsible for their policies that have caused deaths and pedophiles free reign.

Shalom friend.

</form>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit