Playing Around With the Most Important Scripture In Watchtower Theology - Again

by Cameron_Don 33 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Data-Dog already commented on it, but today's WT had this bit o' confusing verbage on this New/Old-Light subject.

While it's technically in keeping with their "New Light," it certainly is misleading to the point of absurdity! It really reads more like their Old-Light

These guys just can't seem to get their stories straight, can they!

00DAD

• Ding
    Ding

They are changing the "light" so fast even they can't keep up with it...

• Quendi
    Quendi

FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, I’M FREE AT LAST!!

It has been almost eight years since I severed my ties with this execrable cult, although it took me another five years to realize this. I wonder how bad off I’d be if I had remained in “good standing” and never been disfellowshipped. Now I no longer have to take in the spiritual offal and poison the WTS passes off as food. This latest sample is yet another reminder that I must not turn back under any circumstances.

Quendi

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's not the new light as I understand it. The new light regarding verse 47 is that the FDS is not appointed over the "belongings" until the future, not in 1919.

The new light is a bit of give and take by the GB. They have taken upon themselves the title of the faithful and discreet slave, in exchange for pushing the 'appointment over all of his belonging' out into the future, and in exchange for allowing the earthly class to be counted as 'domestics'. The GB can now totally lord it as kings over the flock in exchange for having throwing a few crumbs out to the rank and file. Very clever of them.

What's rather puzzling though is that although the 'other sheep' are now included in the 'domestics', they are still locked out of the new covenant. Its rather obvious in scripture that the new covenant is only about forgiveness of sins by Christ's shed blood, nothing to do with whether your hope is to live forever in heaven or earth. "For there are a new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness is to dwell". They are all equally righteous in God's eyes, so they should all be counted as in the new covenant.

Furthermore, the "great crowd" are said to be standing in the naos itself in Revelation 7, the inner temple, which the Society now admits. And they are dressed in white robes, having been washed of their sins in the blood of the lamb. All of this must surely mean that the future great crowd are also in the new covenant. They could not in in such a holy state before God unless they are. How can they possibly avoid Adamic death and pass through the great tribulation unless they are in the new covenant?

By including the 'other sheep' as domestics in Christ's household, they really should take the next step and admit that those of an earthly class, who have also put their faith in Christ's shed blood for forgiveness of their sins, are also in the new covenant and can partake at the memorial.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The new light is a bit of give and take by the GB. They have taken upon themselves the title of the faithful and discreet slave, in exchange for pushing the 'appointment over all of his belonging' out into the future, and in exchange for allowing the earthly class to be counted as 'domestics'. The GB can now totally lord it as kings over the flock in exchange for having "dignified" the 'other sheep' by including them as domestics. No wonder the GB member said that they "love this idea"! Very clever of them.

What will backfire for the GB is that although the 'other sheep' are now included in the 'domestics', they are still locked out of the new covenant. Its rather obvious in scripture that the new covenant is only about forgiveness of sins by Christ's shed blood, nothing to do with whether your hope is to live forever in heaven or earth. "For there are a new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness is to dwell". They are all equally righteous in God's eyes, so they should all be counted as in the new covenant.

Furthermore, the "great crowd" are said to be standing in the naos itself in Revelation 7, the inner temple, which the Society now admits. And they are dressed in white robes, having been washed of their sins in the blood of the lamb. All of this must surely mean that the future great crowd are also in the new covenant. They could not in in such a holy state before God unless they are. How can they possibly avoid Adamic death and pass through the great tribulation unless they are in the new covenant?

By including the 'other sheep' as domestics in Christ's household, they really should take the next step and admit that those of an earthly class, who have also put their faith in Christ's shed blood for forgiveness of their sins, are also in the new covenant and can partake at the memorial.

What this means is that the number of partakers will increase even more in years to come, not drop off. More of the 'other sheep' will feel worthy of partaking as one of the 'domestics', knowing full well they do not have a 'heavenly hope'.

If I am right on that, what this may all be leading up to is eventual 'new light' that the 'other sheep' can partake of the emblems at the memorial too.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don's O.P makes the pertinent point that however they change things, if they stick to an early 20th Century "Choosing" they have no proof for such a claim, and a mountain of proof against.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Don, why was there a need for them to change the meaning of this long held doctrine? I can tell you from my part of the Country, Witnesses feel lost and confused over "End Times Light" coming from New York. What did they have to gain, was it to discount all the new crazy people in their minds, who are making the ranks of the "little flock" grow very fast?

Are they buying more time with this change or trying to bind their fellow slaves conscience even tighter and strangle all free thought?

• Pterist
    Pterist

Yadda Yadda2, you summed it up very well. Do you think also that by still claiming they are the FDS since 1919 to their followers, (to keep control and order), and at the same time say they are NOT the FDS until their resurrection and the great trib., they can get away with their statements in court, like in Australia where they say they are NOT the FDS for any legal consequences, and the R&F are conditioned now to accept this statement with the "New Light", that they ARE and are NOT the FDS !

• scotoma
    scotoma

"They are changing the "light" so fast even they can't keep up with it..."

Its a "strobe" light.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Interesting thoughts on the ramifications of their teachings, Yadda Yadda.

I don't think the Watchtower hierarchy as currently constituted will let the other sheep into the New Covenant. They teach that Christ made a covenant with his apostles to rein in the Kingdom, and they will always say that the covenant means you are of the little flock of rulers.

However as the 21st century drags on and on, with no Armageddon in sight and if the # of anointed decrease (a big "if"), then maybe they'll see that it doesn't make any sense to have the harsh division at the annual Memorial any more. But they will also have to face a whole lot of other changes as the century goes on, including decoupling themselves from the 1914 and 1919 dates. In fact they may have to either discard the "last days" teachings or totally redefine what that means somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit