Playing Around With the Most Important Scripture In Watchtower Theology - Again

by Cameron_Don 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

Matthew 24:45-47

Old Light: “Jesus appointed Rutherford and his associates over his “belongings” in 1919.” – Verse 47

New Light: “Jesus appointed Rutherford and his associates over his “domestics” in 1919.” – Verse 45

Why the change? What difference does it make? Rutherford and his associates would still have had to pass the food-at-the-proper-time examination mentioned in verse 45 in order to receive either Jesus’ appointment over his “belongings” or “domestics.”

But as “Captives of a Concept” documents, since there was no possible way they could have received the appointment over Jesus’ “belongings,” there is therefore no way they would not have received his appointment over his “domestics” either.

And so it doesn’t make any difference whether the Governing Body points to the domestics appointment or the belongings appointment. There is no reason to believe they would have received either one. And without those appointments in 1919 there is no way the Society can be God’s organization today.

We are still waiting to see the Governing Body’ full explanation of their “new light.” The last time I looked at their “Online Library” they were still teaching “old light.”

Don Cameron

• Satanus
    Satanus

One way or the other, rutherford and company started owning everyone and everything. That concept stays the same: they own you.

S

• Pterist
    Pterist

They probably differentiate DOMESTICS and BELONGINGS so they can speak out both sides of their mouth, we are the FDS since 1919 but NOT for litigation purposes. We OWN you but take no responsibility for you. What do Jesus say about the good Shepard ?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Well nobody owns me. I am a free moral agent.

As long as you believe in "two classes" you are subscribing to the WT doctrine.

Its a male dominated hierarchy. The WT hierarchy starts with the idea of specialness.

If we are all equal, like Jesus said, 'neither male nor female, but all one ' then nobody is

on top. The little flock is joined by the other sheep and they all become one. Thats what it says.

But 'they all become one' is completley ignored.

More male domination is the whole submission of women thing.

It exists in every Church hierarchy except a few.

Women who like this , like other people to take responsibilty for them, to remain children.

Its about oneness. If you read it without the veil over your eyes, you don't have to throw out

God to be free of self appointed Popes.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The "other sheep" are obviously the samaritans and later all gentile believers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

None of it makes sense. As the WT lesson today brought out, only anointed are a steward "class", but nu-light says there is no class, only the GB.

Also the other sheep are not of the Steward class, but have all the responsibilities of a steward. The WTBTS has always taught that the domestics are the anointed. So now we have 2 domestic " classes ", anointed and non-anointed domestics. We also have 2 definite Steward groups as well, the REAL Stewards if you will ( GB ), and the other anointed domestics/stewards ( remember to be a real Steward according to the WTBTS, you must be anointed) who have some type of real stewardship, although below the GB. Then we have the R&F who have a stewardship " in a sense " because they are not anointed. Yet they still belong to Christ, they still must meet all the same requirements, but they have no sonship with YHWH, AND CHRIST IS NOT THEIR MEDIATOR. So Christ is the mediator for the 1) Steward/GB 2) Steward/non-GB/domestics but not for 3) The non-anointed domestics/rank and file with all the responsibilities of the other 2 groups, but not having a REAL stewardship.

CONFUSED YET? Brother Cameron, Thank you so much for your work. I can't fully describe how much your work helped me to awaken.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I was baptixed in 1957 at 14 years old, I served as a poineer. Yet because I am woman I suppose you wisemen do not count me in.

However I sugest you read, 1 Timothy 2:5 For there in one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

And remember man includes woman, which means in Hebrew, Man with a womb. John 17:21 ( refering not to a class see verse 20 but to "those

who believe in me through their word" " that thay all may be one just as we are one." The only mention of "class" in the Greek scriptures is a warning

not to create class distinctions among you.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Right on Villagegirl!!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Anyone who claims to be the Mediator between God and Man, is "Standing in the Holy Place" Because the place of Mediator

belongs only to Christ Jesus and anyone who stands between Christ and Mankind, claiming to be the Mediator

IS that "Man of Lawlessness" who "stands in the Holy Place." These are the eight men in New York City, you fear so much.

They are anti-Christ. By their own definition.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks Don for this post and for all your work illustrating how JW's are captives of a concept.

This new light doesn't seem to be widely known among the rank-and-file of JW's. They did post it in their www.jw.org website in October. I suppose it doesn't matter much to the average JW anyhow - they let the Society do most of their thinking anyhow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit