Are atheists afraid of archaeology?

by Xanthippe 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• never a jw
    never a jw

Quite the opposite. We are very hopeful that archaelogy will keep finding more and more evidence to put an end to superstition and Dark Ages religions, which are still extant in the 21st century, e.g. JW's

• OnTheWayOut
  • ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

X: There is a new book in the works trying to discredit Heinreich's discovery, I caught a glance of the books premise, I hope they send it my way. I read years ago Heinreich was considered a unsavory character, I need to do more research and read the new book.

Everything is open for debate, up until the 1940s it was held as regular history the Christians in Jerusalem had fled to Pella according to Jesus Christ's warning. Than we had a teacher emerge who started to go against the age old tale, coming up with strange explanations why Pella was not a place the Christians fled to. It's basically a attempt to discredit early Church Writers like Eusebius and chip away at the Christians faith. The argument against Pella was not strong in my mind, just another way to make money and take shots against the faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit