Are atheists afraid of archaeology?

by Xanthippe 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

"Archaeology bores me" - hah funny :)

As an aside, I don't get the "true in part, ergo true in total" thing. Most of the written history of he Roman Empire is probably true, does that mean Romulus and Remus were suckled by a wolf or that Zeus or Apollo are real too?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Band on the Run :-

When I was a child and teenager, I was so impressed by the misconstrued secular evidence. I truly believed worldly science backed the WT view. It made no sense to me why everyone was not a JW with such scientifc backing.

They are a religion. I can understand doctrinal stances. The deliberate distortion of secular sciences is outright lying, not just faulty interpretation.

Exactly my point. Succinctly put, thank you.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I thought old Heinreich or Troy, was a conartist who fudged his findings, why can't we trust?

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I thought old Heinreich or Troy, was a conartist who fudged his findings, why can't we trust?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Crazy talk. Why be afraid of archaeology. It opens up conversation, it stretches your brain, opens up soooo many possibilities, more questions. We embrace it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Loubell, the founder of Troy (If he really did) was 46 years old when he decided to turn into a archaeologist. It's never to late to find a great historical city, though the skeptics would not believe him. Old Heinreich had issues with trust and fibbing!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

ArbolesdeArabia the archaeological site of the ancient city of Troy in Turkey has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1998. Many archaeologists have worked at this site and not just Heinrich Schliemann.

The artifacts found at that site are held in the Troy exhibition called 'Troy from legend to reality' in the Istanbul Archaelogical Museums. Check out their website.

• Xanthippe
  • Xanthippe
  • steve2
    steve2

I love the "escape clauses" in some religious thinking.

The classic "escape clause"? Archaeological and fossil evidence that seems to support a significantly older history of humans

than the Bible teaches was deliberately planted there by Satan and his demons to fool proud unbelievers

and to tempt unwary believers into the sin of doubt.

What an absolutely perfect answer for any religious belief you care to have!

Contradictory evidence of your precious belief was planted by supernatural opponents of the truth.

With that kind of tidy mindset, nightime sleep and daytime dreaming must come very easily .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit