After fading for over a year...I finally cut my ties by posting on my Facebook page

by eyesropen323 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hermano
    Hermano

Great success story on so many different levels!

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

My sharing of my experience so far is to help anyone else that needs encouragement to leave. I never thought I would but I did. It didn't happen over night. It has been a few years since my own initial questioning but this past summer I found out my husband was molested as a child by his step father. His mother knew and still stayed with this nasty man. The Elders and her kept it a secret. My husband along with other siblings lived with this man for many many years there after...

After I found out, which was 15 years into our marriage, I rained terror down on everyone involved. You see, my husband and I had so many issues in our marriage that I thought they were all my fault. We would get counseling from the Elders, my husband had an 'addiction', he was closed off to me, emotionaly void and unsympathetic. I almost left with my children last year. But.....I found out about what happened to him. I needed to give him another chance. Our kids need their father. He has never had anyone help him to see that he was the victim. He just shut down. The Elders never brought up what happened to him in his childhood as a factor for why he is the way he is. My family and others in the congregation DO NOT CARE. I have tried to explain to them the severity of what happened. They are stuck on why we are not at the meetings. So, this horrid child molester has been allowed to continue to give parts in the meetings. And I subsquently banned my mother in law from EVER seeing us or my children again. The Elders HAVE NOT ONCE contacted my husband to see how he is doing. It makes me sad really. They have made him to feel the victim again. And so far, my family continues to shun us as if we did something wrong...telling me that I shouldn't leave Jehovah for something like this......HUH???!!!! So deep breaths for me....gave them all time to get over themselves....they chose the religion's rules.

That brings me to where I am today. My husband is working on how he feels. We are starting over. Our children are happier. I will miss the family that has stayed in. But in the meantime I will enjoy this life how we were meant to live it....with FREE WILL.

• irondork
    irondork

This was a refreshing first thread for me this morning.

Life is good!

Good for you Renee!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Good on you eyesropen323 for a bold, courageous and decisive stand for truth, justice and your family.

We have found there is tremendous healing, awakening and empowering in genuine faith and spirituality based on the "full Good News" or "unabridged gospel".

Christian love

Fernando

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• cofty
    cofty

Congratulations Renee

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

EyesROpen323>>>>>

That was powerful Renee.

Everytime I read about these abuses at the KH, I know the one telling feels so much better, getting it off your chest.

Your right. It is horrible. No one should be treated like that.

I am so happy you were able to turn a potential family break up, into instead, leaving the KH and focusing, rightly, on the Family and you all moving forward, happily, together.

Another success story! Yay!

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit