After fading for over a year...I finally cut my ties by posting on my Facebook page

by eyesropen323 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

I was 8 when my Mom brought us into the JW's. I am in my late 30's now. I had soo many Facebook friends support me. Many knew me from school. Many are new friends. My posting this was prompted by my own brothers, sisters, and mother shunning me because my husband and I along with our children have stopped going to meetings. I was protecting my family because I figured they would still want to talk to me if I didn't dis associate myself. But since they are shunning me anyway....I made my decision. I know this Facebook post will get to them and the Elders in the Hall I used to go to. I am ready to say F U to them all.

Here is my post:

I am a Christian. I love God. Jesus died for everyone including me. I do my best to be a good person and teach my children the same. For almost 30 years of my life I was in a religion/cult that brainwashes you to not think for yourself and teaches you to seperate yourself from others who are not in this group. I have been seperating myself from this group for the past few years!! This group is called Jehovah's Witnesses. I WANT TO MAKE IT KNOWN THAT I AM NO LONGER PART OF THIS RELIGION/CULT! I am happy to be free from them!!

I can not be a part of a so called religion that hides child molesters and pedophiles. Or that divides families. Or changes their teachings to suit their own needs. Or is governed not by God but by 8 men who dictate what the religion teaches. Or is a multi-billion dollar religion while it's followers or those in the communities don't see a dime of that money for help. I can go on and on. The love and unity they speak of in this cult is a 'conditional' love. As long as you do what they say you'll be in good standing.... Not anymore! MY HOUSEHOLD AND MYSELF ARE FREE!!!!

Eyesropen323 or my real name is Renee

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love it! Good for you. It must feel great to say what you truly believe. Maybe your family will follow you out in time. I hope so.

• l p
    l p

Good on you...well said.....and glad you and your family are free

xx

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

EyesAreOpen323>>>>>Good for you Girl!

I couldn't have said it any better.

It is true those 8 JW men at the top, like greedy little children sitting on top of all the "donated" toys, won't share with anyone down the line. It is all for them.

You could say the Catholic "mother" has better manners. Yeah they cover-up for their Pedophile priests, but at least they trickle out some of their gold for a few Charities. lol

Just Lois

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow! Nicely written. I'm interested to hear the responses you get.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Keep us informed!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Congratulations!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you ,another family exits the Borg.

smiddy

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wow.....that was very impressive! I too would be very interested in hearing any comments you get. Congrats on your freedom from the cult. Happy new life to you.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

eyesareopen -

You made my day! What wonderful news for all of us to know another former JW has chosen freedom for themselves and their family. I assure you that this decision is one you will never regret.

Now you can truly worship God in the way you feel is best and not have to follow a bunch of ridiculous man made rules.

Welcome!!!

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit