by brainmelt 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• brainmelt
  • brainmelt
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

welcome!

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you are using Windows IE, you need to push the compatibility button. Or use another browser.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Will wait to read your story, but in the mean time... I am new and doing the same, just very slowly.

went on clonapin yesterday. It helps with some of the anxiety. :)

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

hi, sorry! have changed browser, hopefully this will work. just want to introduce myself, im a 30 year old born in, married to another born in, family all in so facing the usual difficulties in leaving :-/ ive been having doubts for a good few months now, doubts triggered by a sudden desire for knowledge on what really happened to the dinosaurs, leading to a fascinating education on evolution. ive also felt really down recently about my mothers fight with cancer, leading me to really think about the suffering in this world and what, on earth, is 'god' actually doing up there? also turning 30 and realising after yet another dismal morning in the ministry that i could no longer convince myself, let alone anyone else, that the 'new system' is just around the corner. we have two young children and im having such a hard time, the eldest starts school soon and i just cant put him through all this. i cant convince myself this religion is true anymore, even that god exists, so i cant lie to my children. just how do you fade with children in tow? i cant da, they have a wonderful relationship with their grandparents, i have deep love for my family and dont want to lose them. gosh, it really sucks that as a 30 year old woman i cant just make my own decisions on how i want to live my life. ir sounds so lame but from reading many of your posts i know that many are in a similar position. my husband knows i have doubts but he still thinks its the truth. he's pretty spiritually weak so i dont think i'll have too much of a struggle convincing him, i hope! im just gently trying to open his mind. it woyld be easier to do this together. i have found this forum to be a great help recently and look forward to being an active part of it. brainmelt x

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, brainmelt.

You can inoculate your children from cultic thinking without coming out with "apostate" stuff by simply encouraging independent thinking. Instead of telling your children what life is about, ask questions. Celebrate their thinking. Celebrate their questions.

Teach Your Child How to Think by Bono

Later on, insist that your children be adults before they get baptized. A lot of growing up happens in between and you don't want them stuck like you are.

Come to think of it, it might be good to reassure your children regularly that nothing will get in the way of your love for them.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Things are not going to be easy for you...have patience in speaking with your husband. Hope all goes well for you.

• flipper
    flipper

BRAINMELT- Welcome to the forum ! Nice to have you here. You are among friends who have not only experienced doubts like yourself, also injustices suffered from elders or authority figures, or any other number of reasons many of us finally stopped attending. I was a born-in like yourself, stopped attending over 9 years ago at age 44 and I've never been happier. I too have lots of JW relatives still in and it's been a mixed bag as to how some of them respect my position of inactivity, some don't. So you might experience that as well. Just realize we are here for you as a support and friend along your journey. Hang in there, things will be O.K. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

BrainMelt, Love and hugs to you and yours and Welcome.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit