Are you still on a self improvement quest?

by Monsieur 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Greetings,

On another thread I asked about this life being all there is. If so, what would you consider important to have done or accomplished before you die so that 'your time alive' would not have been a total waste?

if you haven't done it, or accomplished it, are you currently on a quest to do so? how close are you to achieving the 'pinnacle' or 'zenith' of your life?

• Monsieur
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My time alive has already not been a total waste.

If my positive affect on any other lives outweighs my negative affect on any other lives, I feel it was worth the trip.

But of course, self improvement is always great.

While I would love to tell you how I am being green and saving the whales or something of the sort, that is not my path. I just want to be at peace- within, with others, with the world. If I can work on that and nothing else, you will find me on a beach chair with a wide brimmed hat and a cold water, maybe a good book too, or maybe just enjoying the setting without a book.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

on the way out,

have you reached that inner peace or are you still working on it?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lifetime hobby, Monsieur. I believe that everyone has different talents and abilities, so everyone's quest will be a little different. I have a mind that is equally creative and logical, so I have an unusual mix of abilities. I get equal satisfaction from building a database as I do from completing a painting. Decent hand-eye coordination helps, too.

https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/7habits.php

Here is one of my recent paintings that I am inordinately fond of:

Dry Waterfall Bed

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I think i will always be on a path of self improvement. i still have many goals but am confident i will reach them. I dont have guilt and fear holding me back. I have more inner peace now than i did in the first 39 years of my life.

jgnat- I LOVE your painting!!!!! You are very talented :)

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

jgnat

holy cow!! that is a fabulous painting!!

• Mum
    Mum

I would like to have artistic talent like jgnat.

I would like to learn Asian languages.

I would like to be a math and science whiz.

Most of all, I would like to be kinder and better every day.

There is much more I would like. I am 65 years old, so I'm very grateful at this point to be breathing in and out and eating regularly.

Regards,

SandraC

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    have you reached that inner peace or are you still working on it?

It's like asking someone if they have reached the point of not needing oxygen or still working on it.

Of course I am still working on it. There is turmoil within, but it diminishes.

• SophieG
    SophieG

…jgnat: Love the painting… the word ethereal comes to mind. Very zen.

I was just thinking about this just yesterday:

In 24 months I have left a long time career, my husband, my religion, and a longtime emotional situation. Most of these situations evolved on their own. I FEEL like all that has happened is some kind of shift in my life because I asked for “happiness” a few years ago. I had a near death experience and it changed my perspective on my life.

So I think that the shift is allowing me to definitely become a much more improved version of myself, almost like a ”Sophie 2.0” LOL!
    I am becoming the person I have always wanted to be. I have crammed a lot into my life so far…I am being more selective about what experiences I want to have.

I feel so much more spiritual, smarter and wiser and happier and I feel like everything IS possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit