Are you still on a self improvement quest?

by Monsieur 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I don't think there is anything I could accomplish to make me feel that my life was worthwhile or "OK...I can die happy now" but I do know there is great satisfaction in completing difficult tasks or aquiring new skills.

To me each day is new and if I make it through this day with a good measure of peace, did what I could do within my own personal circumstances to ease the burdens of those I was in contact with and I did something that will make tomorrow better; I consider it a success.

We aren't human doings....we're human beings. I never want my life to be such a chore that I feel I MUST always accomplish something in order to feel it was worthwhile or ever view my past as a waste of time because I didn't get certain things accomplished. Rather I would like to accomplish things simply because something inside me led me to them or I was somehow inspired to do something out of the ordinary. I never want to set out to do something simply because I needed to prove my worth.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I can't imagine not learning new things, about myself and about the world around me. Every year I challenge myself with learning a new skill. This year I am making purses. Last year was making jewelry. No idea what next year will be. I will figure it out later.

Like jgnat I have this ability to be both creative and logical. Since I left the JWs I have done more than I rver imagined I could. I fulfilled life-long dreams like becoming a counseloor for abuse survivors. I have founds ways to turn the negative experiences of my past into positive action to help others. I hope that desire will live long within me.

JG that painting is stunning.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lady Lee, my latest purse insert is an open mesh zipper pocket designed to go inside a binder. Kind of like this:

http://www.officesalesusa.com/ShowDetails.php?curid=511296bbb6541&uid=&CurProd=ESS68500

It's got my lip gloss, ear buds, kleenex, etc. etc. I like it's stiff, see-through design that keeps its shape in my purse, and I can always see at a glance if it has what I need.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

funny you should say that. The purses I am making all have removable zippered inserts. I like that you can just pull one out and see what is in it instead of shoving your hands to the bottom in the hopes of finding your keys at the bottom. One purse was made soyou snapped the inserts to the inside. My daughter loved that one.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am always trying to improve but I look for progress, not perfection. I also have a logical side and a creative side. I used to be a systems analyst, obviously I needed to be logical, but I found being creative helped in writing programs as much as logic. I now have a small creative, antiques oriented business. I dabble in a lot of different areas, floral, collage, woodworking, sewing, and painting and fixing old furniture. I am always looking for new ideas and use Pinterest a lot.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm working on my degree, that's quest enough for now.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

With the passing of Time, all humankind is in deep loss. except those that believe in the One True God, and do good deeds and remind each other to truth and remind each other to be patient....... ...commentary from Shafi: If God revealed only this chapter it would have been sufficient for the guidance of all humankind. He goes on, if one followed its counsel, it was enough for humankind to achieve success in life...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit