God and the Super Bowl

by Christ Alone 30 Replies latest social current

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And yet we all will eat and throw away food. Wonder why we blame Him for not doing anything when we have the power to help and do not many times. Won't blame ourselves! NO!!!! Just blame God for not creating a miracle. And yet, millions of Christians are undertaking a God given work of feeding others. And yet, Atheists wish they'd just go away. I guess its easier to just blame God than see that we are responsible for the problem and we can be responsible for the solution.

Oh dear....maybe I should delete this. I didn't mean for this to be another pointless believer v non believer debate. Just wanted to comment on the many references to God during the game. Atheism is still very small. Even though it is over 80% with exJWs (just as it is with exMormons and other ex Cultists), it is still a force to be reckoned with.

No one will embrace the "No Hope" of atheism. The majority will never be able to watch their child die and be happy with accepting that they will never see their child again. Never. They no longer exist. No hope. The majority will never watch themselves get old and think that they will no longer exist after death. It's such a depressing paradigm. Hopeless. Depressing. Yet...WE'RE SET FREE! YAY!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Us atheists will buy products despite the Christian tone of their advertising. I personally like Chick-Fil-A.

Christians will, of course, like that. So it's really not that strange for products to include prayer or spiritual tones to commercials.

Christians would cry loudly against a product that used any atheist tone to sell the product. No surprise again.

• cofty
    cofty

From the British Humanist website...

The English and Welsh Census uses the highly leading question “What is your religion?”. By assuming that all participants held a religious belief, the question captured some kind of loose cultural affiliation, and as a result over in 2001 70% of the population responded ‘Christian’; a far higher percentage than nearly every other significant survey or poll on religious belief in the past decade.

The Office for National Statistics understands the religion question to be a proxy question for ethnicity. This is in order to capture the Jewish and Sikh populations, both of which are captured under race legislation but are not included in the ethnicity category in the census, as they should be, rather than the religion category.

Less than half (48%) of those who ticked ‘Christian’ said they believed that Jesus Christ was a real person who died and came back to life and was the son of God.

Asked when they had last attended a place of worship for religious reasons, most people in England and Wales (63%) had not attended in the past year, 43% of people last attended over a year ago and 20% of people had never attended. Only 9% of people had attended a place of worship within the last week.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Um...wouldn't an atheist tone just be not mentioning God at all? How would you sell a product with an atheist message. "You're going to die forever with no hope, so will your children who you love. So buy a Jeep while you still can!"

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

otwo: i think its not fair either way ,you cant put all athiest in a group and same with christains.

• Heaven
  • Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Less than half (48%) of those who ticked ‘Christian’ said they believed that Jesus Christ was a real person who died and came back to life and was the son of God.

I believe it, but where's the proof? Was there such a question that said "Do you believe that Jesus Christ was a real person who died and came back to life and was the son of God" on a CENSUS questionnaire?!? Sorry...this is coming from a humanist website biased against Christianity already.

*edit: Sorry, I went to the site and saw that this was a poll from a different company. Religious and Christan don't mean the same thing anyway. But, regardless, I know that Christianity has declined in Britain. Funny how perspective works. Cantleave speaks about people being tired of delusion and leaving Christianity. And yet Christians see atheism as a delusion.

• cofty
    cofty
    No one will embrace the "No Hope" of atheism. The majority will never be able to watch their child die and be happy with accepting that they will never see their child again. Never. They no longer exist. No hope. The majority will never watch themselves get old and think that they will no longer exist after death. It's such a depressing paradigm. Hopeless. Depressing. Yet...WE'RE SET FREE! YAY!!!!

You used to sound like an intelligent toughtful christian CA. What has happened to you FFS?

Reality is not measured by how much it makes you excaim YAY! The universe does not request your approval.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

psalms 14:1

• flipper
    flipper

God hates the Ravens. That's why he caused a power outage for 36 minutes so the 49ers could get back momentum and make a comeback to win the game ! Satan's spirit entered into the referrees on the final pass to Crabtree causing them to not call pass interference against the Baltimore defender. So Gods team the 49ers were not allowed another chance ! Translation : Satan is stronger than God and prevails in a wicked world where gambling " on the take " refs throw games that God wants righteous teams to win ! ( Please be assured this is a satire and joke I'm doing, in case any of you are having serious JW flashbacks here ! ) Yes, I'm bat-$hit crazy and proud of it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit