Is anyone here hooked on Downton Abbey?

by exwhyzee 44 Replies latest social current

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes the actor who played Mathew did not want to renew his contract. The writers felt they had no choice but to kill him off. There was no other honorable way, or so they say.

Can't wait for season 4..............too bad we have to wait almost a year!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I had heard the actor that played Mathew was not coming back next season, being lured to Hollywood. So I expected something. During the hunting scene I thought he migh get accidiently shot. Or raising home to see Mary , he might get into an accident. Acutually during the whole last hour , that's all I was thinking about. I'm really going to miss Mathew's charater too. I'll miss Mary and Mathew togeter, as he sees the best in her.

Eva!!! I too was holding my breath during the hunting scenes! I also agree completely about Mary. Hell, I would have rather lost Mary than Matthew!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love the show. We just had season three finale here last night. Yes, they shouldn't kill off so many characters.

• cedars
    cedars

lovelylil

Yes the actor who played Mathew did not want to renew his contract. The writers felt they had no choice but to kill him off. There was no other honorable way, or so they say.

That would certainly make sense. It would also explain why the writers gave him such terrible cheesy lines, perhaps out of revenge for his disloyalty!

Having said that, I still think there is a bit of bloodlust when it comes to the enthusiasm with which the writers kill off characters.

Cedars

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

For those who fashion of the Downton Abbey era, the Allentown Art Museum is hosting Fabulous Flappers: Fashion from the Ellie Laubner Collection, now extended through April 21st.

Just visited yesterday… free street parking and free admission on Sundays (donations accepted). It goes without saying that the beadwork on some the evening gowns is exquisite! They've included some menswear and all sorts of jewelry, shoes and other accoutrements of the period as well.

Here's a local write-up with some photos: Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley debuts 'Fabulous Flappers' exhibit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit