Is anyone here hooked on Downton Abbey?

by exwhyzee 44 Replies latest social current

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes I love it!

Not only do I watch it, I am OBSESSED with Downton Abbey.

I am a history buff and love the time periods covered. I not only have the dvds but have the books too. And the book that inspired the series called "how to marry an english lord".

It looks like Bates will get out of prison next week. I cant wait, I love Bates and Anna.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Hey it's all Great! but...remember one thing, in the Manor Houses of "yor" - Yorkshire lads and lasses, Eastenders , Liverpudlians and Bristolians NEVER worked together...let alone be able to understand each other - It would have been like the Tower of Babel down in the basement.

LOL! I wondered about that! They'd be going, "Huh? What? SPEAK ENGLISH!"

It's like the Weasley's in the "Harry Potter" movies, each sibling speaks with a different accent.

Anybody notice how Daisy and the new girl look almost alike, except the new girl is a foot taller?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Season 3 finale.

They may really have lost me this time!

• cedars
    cedars

Berengaria

They may really have lost me this time!

I know what you mean. The morbid cliffhanger is rather pointless.

The writers have already proven that they are good enough at writing compelling drama without resorting to killing characters off, so why they feel compelled to fall back on this cheap tactic is beyond me.

Cedars

• Gopher
    Gopher

Spoiler alert - don't read my post if you don't want to know what happened at the end of episode 3, which was just aired for the first time this Sunday here in the USA.

I sheltered myself from all spoilers, so I was shocked when they killed off Matthew Crawley in the last episode. I could see something bad was coming when hearing Robert's voice-over declare how lucky he was at how well everything was going, and then a relaxed Matthew driving the open road...

I am reading that this ending cause a huge stir in Britain when it was broadcast on Christmas Day, spoiling the holiday for quite a number of Brits. I also read there is a big division - many of the show's fans were completely turned off by the ending, but others who can't wait for season 4.

I'm in the category of those who can't wait for January when season 4 will air here in the States. Now that Matthew nudged the estate into the 20th century and made it profitable, how will it go on without him? What power struggle might come to run things - because we know Robert really isn't cut out to run the operations himself. I think it'll make for good drama, even though I will miss Matthew's character.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

January???!!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Lady Sybil here! I took the quiz

• eva luna
    eva luna

spoiler alert too.....................

I had heard the actor that played Mathew was not coming back next season, being lured to Hollywood. So I expected something. During the hunting scene I thought he migh get accidiently shot. Or raising home to see Mary , he might get into an accident. Acutually during the whole last hour , that's all I was thinking about. I'm really going to miss Mathew's charater too. I'll miss Mary and Mathew togeter, as he sees the best in her.

Waiting 'till January will be hard.

• Terry
    Terry

I had no desire to get hooked on another long TV series so I only decided to watch maybe 15 minutes to get a feel for what it was I was rejecting.

Long story short: I'M TOTALLY TRAPPED!

I cannot resist.

They own me.

HELLLLLPPPP!

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit