"There will be blood" - I DO BELIEVE there will be an up rise very soon

by raymond frantz 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you can barely get the avg dub to even read their own mags, why would they bother to up end a religion they barely practice

• prologos
    prologos

it is very hard to make predictions, specially about the future (quote).

some angry ones here see harsh physical reprisals, Ceasar would deter that.

refuting their untenable doctrines build on the snake talking and A&E walking will not work because like what happened said and we know, the R&F do not know, do not care and would be scared to be stranded in mid-air with no visible support.

what will alianate many is the reality that the fulfillment of promises of a better future as made by the WT BtS, have never, can not, and will never be delivered (dead on arrival).

The friendship and support many elderly receive (with a view with favorable mention in their wills), is what brings them to hand over their life-savings to the entitled Inner Party. Even the cultivated idea that the money will buy them salvation now and in "the world to come"( not at all related to WT BtS).

This cosiness in the congregations is bound to diminish as more strong believers learn about ttatt, forums, are marked, isolated, feel rejected, are shunned or not* and this latter-day pyramid scheme weakens before the the baby boomers reach the 80s.

*it would be devastating for the "Society" if they tried to isolate and/or disfellowship dissenters of all hues. the disfellowshippers would set themselfs up for certain future judgements and/or reprisals.

ignat: godd observation. starved of oxigen. In the book "how we die" the point was made that death occurs always by starvation. in some european languages dying is sterben=starving. the scary thing is that in death struggle uncontrolled peak-forces can be released.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I think Oprah could do a week long exposee on the JWs...and do some damage. Come on Oprah, feel like bringing down a cult???

• LV101
    LV101

I like the idea of Oprah doing an expose on them --- w/a voting line open to count votes of ex-witnesses. We should notify her network.

• talesin
    talesin

Oprah's gotten lots of letters ,, but I think the problem is the WTBTS TM ' legal department. She does NOT want to get sued.

xo

tal

• prologos
    prologos

when you look at the arab spring, tunisia now, its all the young linked by the new media, realising how their future is crimped by the establishment.

some is religious too, secular proponents revolting against domineering, controling religionists.

Who in WT BtS land has the most to loose from the status quo? to gain? again?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

you can barely get the avg dub to even read their own mags, why would they bother to up end a religion they barely practice

At the same time, their ignorance about their own religion is what actually helps keep them in it. Most JWs are ignorant about the past history, doctrinal changes, etc etc of their own religion. Especially newly converted ones. Most came in on the love-bombing and social opportunities.

Doc

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, DOC, well said. The sad fact is that uprisings happen when people are sufficiently fired up over something that strongly affects them, like a tyrannical gov't, and most JWs really aren't that engaged. It's just a routine for them.

But I do agree that the org.'s members might be losing some of their desire to follow that routine. New converts are about the only thing that can invigorate long-time believers, so if new members become rarer, it will remove a lot of oxygen from the room, to use jgnat's language.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania was established as a publishing company which charged for all its literature. Now that it now longer charges, in order to keep its charitable status, it is bound to diminish.

Who knows? One day it may attempt to establish itself as a religion! There is money in religion even without peddling books and magazines - if you know how to go about it. Can an old dog learn new tricks?

• erbie
    erbie

There Will be Blood -

What a great film for those of us who can relate to the religious aspect of it.

All that Church of the Third Revelation crap really reminded me of what I was taught as a kid.

We loaned it to my wife's father who is an elder and he said he didn't much like the film.

I thought, no, I bet you bloody didn't because it is too close to home for you to feel comfortable with it.

There is a heck of a lot of truth contained in that film.

And what superb acting!!!

Sorry I've deviated from your theme but I don't really know enough about the internal workings of the WT$ to be of any help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit