New Girl

by excitesinceredetermination 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Aunt Fancy That is unconditional support at it's best!

Theredeemer Yay! Made it just in time then ;) I am planning to fade and have to a certain point, but I am learning so much as far as how to fade safer than I had been. I am enjoying basking in all of the kindness and effective practical advice here.

Thank you both! - Excite

• Think About It
    Think About It

Looks like I missed saying hello & welcome. Hello & Welcome Excite.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the board ESD!

I remembered reading a thread about fading a long time ago by a poster named expatbrit.

So, I clicked in the "Search" window and typed in "Art of fading".

Voila!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/34518/1/On-The-Art-Of-Fading

Some of the info is probably dated by now, but it's a start.

Cheers,

om

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Welcome, I too did a long fade. It has been worth it for the influence I have been able to have on friends and relatives. I have many with me now on the dark side(insert evil laugh here). Good luck.

tt

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Thank you to you Think About it! Open Mind, I followed the link and read it, you're right, it is very thorough and well written. Thank you! :) Twinkle Toes it is certainly encouraging to see someone who has successfully completed the fade, I will be looking to your posts for tips then if you don't mind. You are too funny! Loved your evil laugh too he hee :)

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

AllElseFails - It looks like you have faded the right way, I hear that it is hard though. What are your thoughts as to what I should expect if I start missing meetings, or low field service...do I do it slowly, or all at one time? It really sounds like they corner one who have any difference with them at all! Even if your just searching things out and asking questions to your jw friends, in "new light' a few months ago, this is now viewed as apostate too. Any questioning period! Why tighten the reigns so hard? The Boreans searched as to see whether these things were so...right? I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the matter about religion, it can be hard figuring 'where else I would go to' which I still don't have a replacement per say, I just know I don't want to be there. I always feel bad after I leave,and more confused with so much new recent "light". When it really appears that they just change when they see enough complaints on a matter. That's just my opinion though.

Excite - Sorry I've been out so long, just saw this. Fading as an elder was a little bit difficult, but I know how it all works which might make it easier. If you are not a pioneer right noww you can probably fade really easily. For me I changed congregations 3 times in 15 months. Nobody really knows me - just what is in a letter someone sent. If I run into an old JW friend I say "I'm in THAT congregation now" they don't know the difference. Nobody in "THAT" congregation even knows who I am. If the elders come to talk to mem about meetings etc... I say I'm busy, sick, depression, fibromyalgia, arthritis - whatever. When someone asks questions with evil intent it is not wrong to lie. (Jehu lying to Baal priests / Jesus lying to his brothers about attending a festival in jerusalem) One thing I learned from the scriptures is - Lying to Bad people is OK.

I personaly am not a "social" person. I am fine with my personal studies. If you feel you need "congregational" christianity to be fulfilled you could look to some "Universal" Churches. Most of these are more social in nature and believe everyone will attain salvation. They are good places to explore your own feelings of God and Christian belief. (I have no personal experience here - just speaking for what I've read and heard.)\

Feel free to PM me if you want any specific info on - Judicial committees (I can give you the whole elders book) or How to ask questions without being "apostate" or How to answer questions without being "apostate". More than happy to do what I can - perfect fade here going strong.

When Allelsefails - Try the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit