New Girl

by excitesinceredetermination 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Hello to everyone :) I wanted to introduce myself as a newbie. I was raised in and I am currently on active status due to most of my family being very much in, but I am so ready to be done and have felt that way for quite some time. Internally I know this is not the right religion without a doubt. I have done the research and seen the hurtful policies used that don't have any scriptural merit. Externally though I am still quite reserved because I know I will lose my family otherwise by saying too much.

I think it's amazing that there is a gathering spot like this site where you can say what you think and clear your head, because you can't tell anyone else who is a witness. I would be glad to take any suggestions on using this site, or otherwise!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome... to the board

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to the board, excitessinceredetermination!!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Welcome Are you in a born-in? feel free to pm me so we can chat! :) Just click on my username and click send message :)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome excitesinceredetermination, If you are planning to fade, I would recommend that you read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his webiste, and/or watch the following video so that you will be prepared to communicate better with your JW family and friends, and possibly help awaken them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-oF-Z_I7U

Depending on your age and whether you are married or dependent on living with JW family members, you will need to make plans about getting a better education, getting a better job, possibly moving out, making new non-JW friends for emotional support, etc. Post often on JWN to vent about your feelings and to plan your fade so that your JW family and friends will not suspect that you no longer believe in the WTBTS until you are ready to leave.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Thanks! OneStepOut93 I came in as a small kid, celebrated birthdays and holidays...I miss that. I felt more warm and cozy during holiday parties than get-togethers now. I'm not trying to be mean, but am I the only one who feels like there is no real closeness at the hall/get-togethers? I'll give pm'ing a try, thank you for the pointer. :)

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

No problem. :) Ah I see. I'm a born in unfortunately. Haha. Yeah I've always felt that way. I'm female too so don't be afraid to talk woman to woman lol. How old are you? I'm 19 btw (unless you couldn't guess by the 93).

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

welcome

Sorry OneStepOut93, I'm figuring the messages thing, I'll send you that info lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit