Believe in God? A Christian?

by OccupyJehovahsWitnesses 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So I'm curious, how long has everyone been out?

===== I started fading in mid-2006 and stopped attending meetings after the 2007 Memorial. I am still technically an inactive JW.

Do you believe in God? And if so, how do you define God for yourself?

===== No, when I started fading, I believed "Christendom" had it right more than WTS. But since then, I studied what was wrong with WTS doctrine and kept right on going and studied what was wrong with the Bible and whether Science or Religion had a better answer. Science won hands down. Learning the truth was like taking the red pill for me. I had to keeep going until I was thoroughly satisfied.

Are you a Christian?
    ===== You might have listed this one before the God question. Despite my clear atheism, I understand the spiritual need people have. It's a shame many don't recognize it can be a great part of one's life without God. Peace and love and harmony and family and friends can be focused on. People are basically good and we can work on relationships. There is a sort of a karma out there. Do good and seek good and you will mostly find good. It doesn't stop disease and disaster, true, but God doesn't do that either.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I am still. Trying to figure out how to fade. Almost done with crisis of conscience... Had a couple near panic attacks reading it.

i want to believe in God. But, right now it's really difficult. Not just because of being a JW. I could never again believe in the bible as literal. Can't believe the flood or miracles the way they are described. Can't believe God would say to the Israelites they should kill little boys and infants but keep 32k virgins as wives... So if I end up believing, it will be a hybrid that accepts the bible as not directly inspired and infallible, and as a person who believes in evolution but thinks maybe God could have been the initial spark and guide?

• Borges
    Borges

I'm out since 2008. Atheist.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

So I'm curious, how long has everyone been out?

I've been out 34 years.

Do you believe in God?

No.

Are you a Christian?

No.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I've been out 5 years

I am a non-theist.

"Do good and seek good and you will mostly find good. It doesn't stop disease and disaster, true,

but God doesn't do that either. " Thanks for that OTWO,

that expresses my position very well too.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Out 3 years. Went from born in JW to born again Christian. I'm now to all intents and purposes a sort of atheist. I don't believe in god, jesus and that stuff any more due to lack of evidence. I don't discount universal laws or higher life forms.....but tbh I don't give a crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit