Believe in God? A Christian?

by OccupyJehovahsWitnesses 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Let's put it this way, I believe that Jesus loves us regaurdless of our imperfections and short comings

One of the things I may fall short on at times is my choice of words . But God forgives

And he sees my efforts in trynna stick to his written words as in Ass, Damn and Hell

I try to keep my cussin' Biblical

• cofty
    cofty

Hi OJW. Welcome to the forum.

I was an evengelical for 9 years after leaving the Watchtower 17 years ago. I am now an atheist.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I've been out for almost three years and am still figuring things out. I've looked into other beliefs/philosophies, and Christianity is still the one that resonates the most with me. The new paradigm of Christianity, which is more theologically liberal, is what interests me.

My husband is an athiest and hates anything to do with religion.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Been out about 10 years. Still identify with Jesus and Christianity. Do not believe in Religion anymore. Peace, Lilly

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

I too believe organized religion needs to go away. I don't believe it nourishes our society. And faith/belief, or not having any, isn't something to be held as an insitituion over people.

I do think community is very important, and that it can be done without judgment.

Bella, that's also what started me on my spiritual journey was looking at the bible outside of jw glasses. And then learning more about the bible itself and its history that really opened my eyes.

Dazed, what was it that finally woke you up? (and I answered your PM)

Great thread peeps :D

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I left the Borg in 1989! For some years I went to some other churches, but now I don't believe in God, Jesus or the Bible! I'm free at last! :-)

• tornapart
    tornapart

Still fading. I would never be happy going to another organised religion. I feel the same as Bella too, I enjpy having a personal relationship with Christ (as well as God) that I never had before and I enjoy having my own personal beliefs without having anyone else tell me what I should or should not believe. Freedom!

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I left around 1966 or 67. I don't remember the date but I do remember the first Woodstock...... LOL.

Speaking only for myself........... by the time I left I was in my young twenties and had been in for 10 or 11 years. Early teens, graduated HS, pioneering where the need was great etc.

When my doubts overcame my conditioning it still took a few years to critically think my way clear. If I had the internet back then it would have taken me a few weeks. I would have then found this site and being a prudent person...... lurked for a few more weeks making sure I was in the company of intelligent and thoughtful people. Eventually I would have jumped in and satisfied my need to communicate with others who have also freed themselves.

I am a happy non believer.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My family left town recently. I skipped Thursday meeting, Saturday service, and Sunday meeting. I envy everyone who is out because it felt incredible. I have a Bible Reading tonight so I can't skip. God I wish my wife would wake up! She doesn't even have to quit going right away, just wake up! SHe has all these goals of doing more, more , more! All built upon a false premise. I just want to run through the streets screaming!!!!

Rant over.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yes, believe in god,and im a christain,im mostly reformed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit