Believe in God? A Christian?

by OccupyJehovahsWitnesses 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OccupyJehovahsWitnesses
    OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

Happy almost friday everybody! :)

So I'm curious, how long has everyone been out?

Do you believe in God? And if so, how do you define God for yourself?

Are you a Christian?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

almost 20 years officially. still a christian

OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

Interesting :)

Did it take you a while to find.... a new modality for your faith?

I'm guessing you took some time to extract the things that weren't sitting well with you from witness teachings, and developed/found a side of Christianity that works for you?

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

So I'm curious, how long has everyone been out?

Do you believe in God? And if so, how do you define God for yourself?

Are you a Christian?

I've been out since August 2011. I've lost all faith in god. I consider myself an atheist. There is just not enough evidence for me to believe.. ..but I hope I'm wrong and maybe there's an explination after we die - not holding my breath though.

Also OJW - I sent you a PM the other day.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Still fading, still learning. I don't know if I agree with finding a brand that works for me. I would think that if you are truly following the scriptures than there would be certain things you don't do, regardless of if they wotk for you. I would think that real Christianity would unite people, not cause division. That is why I feel all organized religion must go. It is time to back up and punt.

OccupyJehovahsWitnesses

Dazed... oh wow, fresh off the cult wagon eh? well CONGRATS :D

It's pretty interesting.... I'd say Christianity of another sort, or atheism, seem to be very common after being a Witness. Was your faith/belief in god strong before you got out?

(I am not Christian or Atheist, fyi. Didn't want to leave an impression that I am motivated by anything past curiosity and good convo)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm guessing you took some time to extract the things that weren't sitting well with you from witness teachings, and developed/found a side of Christianity that works for you?

I was always just me.

i think i quite like st. anselms ontological argument. i've also had ghosts. (i sometimes think maybe its the ghosts that make me a believer)

it was really the generation change that altered it for me. but i stopped preaching after the watchtower of feb 1994.

your right it did take some time. i pretty much believe the trinity.

• Bella15
    Bella15

You ask: "Did it take you a while to find - a new modality for your faith?"

In my case, it took to read the bible for what it is by myself, no Watchtower books or magazines, only the bible. Surprisingly I discovered that all those concepts where Watchtower CORPORATION based their teachings are not really taught as such in the bible. For example If you read the NT you don't end up with the idea of a paradise on earth, it is all about JESUS, become like him, Grace, and that as believers we have awesome rewards in heaven!

The bible became a living book for me ... awesome experience and I get to know Jesus, and also my Heavenly Father, just like Jesus said, He is the way to the Father NOT "Jehovah" ... that personal relationship that one gets to develop with the Heavely Father, our Abba, through Jesus is supernatural ...

We all know about "God", "Jehovah", "Jesus" but like one of Jesus' followers felt, that's not enough, even seeing Jesus in person and witnessing his miracles he asked Jesus, show us the FATHER and we will be satisfied ...

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Was your faith/belief in god strong before you got out?

It was extremely strong before I woke up. I would pray all day many times a day. I always "left it in Jehovah's hands." I was depressed and always thought "I can't wait till all these streeses of life are gone and we're living in the new system." Now I look at life totaly different. The stresses that come up are just a part of life, I used to believe anything bad that happened was because of Satan.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

At the last meeting I attended was in February 2011. I share the standpoint of Bella15.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit