The Flaklands belong to Uruguay!

by Splash 94 Replies latest social current

• cedars
    cedars

Welcome Emilie, it isn't a proper Falklands thread without you!

By the way, your country only has until 2020 to invade the islands (and bring the locals under government they don't want) before our new aircraft carrier is fully operational.

http://news.sky.com/story/1045502/uks-largest-warship-starts-to-take-shape

Just thought you might like to know.

Cedars

• Satanus
    Satanus

It should belong to canada. Afterall, we deserve a chance to do a little colonization too, don't we? Since we're part of the family, i'm sure the queen wouldn't mind us taking the load off her.

S

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that we should curb our enthusiasm for trashing the Argentinians for trying to reclaim their property in the 1980s.

Their pilots were very brave - I would have been proud to fly wing with any of them.

I am also fascinated with the twin turboprop "Pulquari" ground attack aircraft that they developed and built.

Did you know that the classic Bugatti type 35B racing car is still being made in Argentina as a reproduction?

I seriously once considered buying one of these before the Ferrari.

• cofty
    cofty
    I think that we should curb our enthusiasm for trashing the Argentinians for trying to reclaim their property in the 1980s

Are you just trying to be provocative? I find it difficult to believe anybody is that much of an idiot.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You forget the great American enthusiasm for battles of the magnificent lost cause, Cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

255 British soldiers died James, try not to be a prick.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And, for what Cofty?

I agree that the war should have been avoided, but again I ask - for what?

What possible difference could it have made to England and the habitants if the war had never happened?

• cofty
    cofty

Ask the Falklanders.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Oh pish, cedars, and to think I was trying to play nice with the natives here at JWN. Guess we'd better get organised in re-establishing ourselves in the Malvinas department of Provincia de Tierra del Fuego, Antártida e Islas del Atlántico Sur, shouldn't we? A quite nice aircraft carrier, but with no empire to match it. Reminds me of this nice dress I have that for the life of me I can't find any shoes to match. Tea, anyone?

255 British soldiers died James, try not to be a prick.

Fair enough, cofty, fair enough. Let's also try not to forget the 323 lives lost on the ARA General Belgrano, which was well outside the British declared exclusion zone and steaming back towards an Argentine port. We had the junta, and you guys had Thatcher. Pick your poison.

james woods - I appreciate your comments about our national property, but you need not come to my defence in all this. I can handle these imperialists! The battle for the Malvinas wont be solved one way or another on JWN. I'll try to Wibble more often.

Emilie

• cofty
    cofty
    We had the junta, and you guys had Thatcher. Pick your poison.

No argument on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit