And yet another new member.

by AMO 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome AMO, I am a non-JW also who did a bible study with an elder and another JW at the insistance of my former friend and was shunned by my former friend who is a "Spiritually Strong" (brain dead) JW. Fortunately for my former friend we never dated so there was no need for her to go to the elders and attend a JC. So far nobody has shunned me on JWN , even though I do try to be more active than most on JWN to empower JWs.

Normally, I recommend to new members to read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or visit his website, but I doubt that you would benefit much from reading about Steve Hassan's work since your former friend is shunning you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ragnarok75
    ragnarok75

Welcome!

This makes very sad..she had a chance to wake up but now it's unlikely that she ever will.Only pain for all involved.As others have said,she has been given an ultimatum in the JC;cut off all commmunication with you or be d'fed.This way she can prove that her remorse is "genuine" and she can be forgiven by her interrogaters.(I don't know where god fits in all of this even if I believed in one)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit