What's you BIGGEST pet peeve/disagreement with the WT or GB?!?

by TeenageInsider 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pickler
    Pickler

Misuse of the word LOVE, everything they do is branded as loving, when it's not. Discipline in love, disfellowshipping = loving arrangement, whomever god loves he disciplines, blah blah blah.

On and on about love whilst there is none there, not really. I struggle to use the word love In any way, shape or form because it has such negative connotations for me, and I hate that.

• Emery
    Emery

Aside from the monstous amount of evidence against any claim to authority and being God's organization.

I have to say that my biggest peeve while a believer was convention/assembly attendants carrying the "Go to your seats" or "Quiet" signs. If you happen to see someone you havent seen in a while, these bastards just so happen to show up in your face and wave these signs in a rude manner. Ive always wanted to tell these guys to go f*ck themselves and throw their sign on the ground. Actually I may still do that one day, ill just have to go to a convention out of state where nobody knows me, act like some bible study or worldly guy and just eff up some attendants day and competely embarass him, then walk out like a boss. That would feel verrrrrry good.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Shunning. I don't even know if my 83-year-old mother is still alive. For that matter, what about my 51-year-old brother? I live on the east coast of the U.S. and they live in Hawaii, so it's not like I can roll by their house and check.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

they strongly discourage kids from playing high school sports.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The fact that they insert ( no pun intended ) themselves into my sex life.

They cause stress in my marriage because my spouse has not awakened, and pushes themselves to achieve a man-made standard of what constitutes spirituality.

The people who act like they are your friends, but never call unless they want something, like to invite you to an investigatory meeting. The absolute devotion to the GB/FDS golden calf.

The stress caused by not being able to have an honest open conversation with anyone, not even your spouse because they may betray you. The isolation that comes from not being able to trust anyone.

Being totally alone in an auditorium full of thousands of people.

• tornapart
    tornapart

DD: Being totally alone in an auditorium full of thousands of people

Sitting at the memorial watching them reject the bread and wine like 'true' christians!

The constant eulogising of the FDS, the GB, the Organisation till it becomes nauseating.

The constant guilt tripping and pushing to do more more more.

• heathen
    heathen

the want for too much control , I gotta agree with those here. They'd crap on you if you didn't wash your car or shave or if your suit was rinkled or you had BO , the sneaking around behind your back looking for an excuse to defame you to elders . Blatant hypocrisy runs rampant , then we get to all those dogma changes and the complete denial it was dogma to begin with , the governing body will deny being sanctimonious when clearly when they want all this obedience and substitute themselves for JC , to me a clear cut case of self agrandizement . It was clearly false prophesy when they promised that the kingdom would come before the generation of 1914 died off but they won't even take accountability for it and again deny they said it when it was on the back of the cover of every WT mag written for almost a hundred years . Then they get themselves ensnared with the UN but rather than apologize and repent they use the gag order of warning people not to answer questions nor ask any .WOW now there's some freedom in christ for you . Absolutely disgusting

• cantleave
    cantleave

My biggest peeve is that absolutely everything they say or do is total bullshit!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I will start by listing pet peeves of this board: People are stuck in the childishness of calling names, i.e. Witchtower, dub, etc.

focusing on prophesies and people rather than the real problem.

Complaining about disfellowshipping when being with the people is nothing great anyway.

Complaining about rules when, if you don't go to the meetings, who is going to know what you do?

Now the peeves of the organization:

Too much focus on meeting attendance while at the meeting. When I am there, I don't need to be told to be there. Make the meetings so great that I will want to come back. But instead they beat people over the head with Bible quotes and directives.

Stating that going door to door and handing out literature is sacred service. It is an unpaid mail carrier. They want the masses to do the work to bring in the people. It is MLM. and in MLMs only the ones at the top, not doing the work benefit.

Stating that the meetings have spiritual food, when nothing is tailored to the individual and everything is dumbed down.

Calling things 'obedience to God' when the reality is to keep the organization together and cohesive, such as not associating with DFd ones and marrying only in the lord. And then such cohesiveness has the purpose of continuing the organzation, so that Bethel can make its money to pay its bills.

Saying that allowing 15 minutes in service for elderly or infirmed is a loving provision from Jehovah, when a loving provision would be to not worry about hours at all.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Generation that knew the 1914 Generation is now (2011) "the Generation..." Do they think were all friggin idiots!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit