What's you BIGGEST pet peeve/disagreement with the WT or GB?!?

by TeenageInsider 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

The Concept—only they represent God as his sole spirit-directed channel of communication. All other problems flow from this.

• man oh man
    man oh man

They always ask for money but get away with everyone thinking they don't.

Brothers in poor lands do not recieve "spiritual food" until they caugh up cash.

When a resolution is passed everyone votes for it. Great evidence for mind control.

so many titles. are you a "special pioneer"? haha

and the one mentioned in the op. that always bugged me. pointed it out to the wife and she don't care.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Cult mind control tactics, that have lead to child abuse. Child baptisims, Governing body glorification, Disfellowshipping for "apostacy".

As far as I am concerned adults have the right to believe anything they want. Children & elderly need to be protected from kooks, scammers and perverts.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

All the lies, wrong prophecies, RUINING my life [[I'm from the 1975 generation] When I was 12 in early 70's, my teeth were so crooked that the dentist told my parents that something needed to be done, like braces. 'Honey if you can just wait a couple more years, the new system is right here.' So I'm 49 now with crooked painful teeth and because of no education, no money, no insurance nothing can be done. now my mother and other family members are shunning me just because I dared to ask where Jesus was in the picture from the 4/15/2013 WT study edition.

Sorry I don't mean to rant & rave but it's a touchy subject lately. My daughter & son-in-law got 'fixed' so that they couldn't have any kids.

• nugget
    nugget

Now I'm Df'd they want to know when I'm dead. As if it is any of their business they didn't give a rat's arse about my health and well being when I was a member.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

For me I can't stand:

* That they have appointed themselves as God's only channel to understand the Bible. Having the Bible & faith in Christ is NOT enough to have God's favor. You must obey the men in Brooklyn or be labeled an evil apostate. If that's true...why are their more Bibles in the earth than WT literature? Why did God even bother to have the Bible written by 40 men if all that counted was to have the WT literature?

* That they hide the true facts about their Organization ie. Russel's separation & scheming business ventures (miracle wheat etc). Rutherfords greedy takeover of the Organization & labeling the "opossers" as ambitious when all they wanted was the power to be distributed evenly among the directors. Interesting how this eventually happened in 1976 and all that time they demonized the "opposers" (they still do).

* They downplay their false prophecies in the name of God and blame the rank & file when they fail. (1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 & 2000)

* Their unity is based on spiritual blackmail not God's spirit. If you don't obey, you lose all your friends, family & social life.

* Obedience to the GB and it's agents is more important than upholding truth & what is right. ie. protecting molesters instead of informing the Cong.

* Constant barrage of brainwashing reminders to rank and file that they have no rights. They must accept any pain, injustice or even abuse heaped upon them by anyone in authority as this would make them evil as Korah.

* They guilt people into not going to University, having children (1938) or marriage, not accepting blood fractions, vaccinations, organ transplants, not accepting alternative service etc. When they later changed these policies on a whim....they tell you it was your own decision so don't complain or you will be labelled an evil Mumurrer apostate that is speaking against God himself!!!

W.H. Conley

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Disfellowshipping...PERIOD

I think if they take this away...you can deal with all the other crap....or at least you can choose what you want to deal with.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the "Chairmans Office"

I got to see this one of my earlier years after baptism. Other than the assigned person for the "session" (time between breaks) the people from the Chairman's office did just as you said: paid little or no attention to the program and laughed about stuff in their comfortable room.

My biggest pet peeve was similar in that it had to do with privilege and nepotism. Elders would make sure their family members would get counsel by two elders where Joe Publisher would get an investigative committee leading to a judicial committee. Elders were actually authorized to forgive other elders for breaking WTS rules where anyone else would definitely get a judicial committee and some kind of "reproof."

From what I read here, GB members rarely, if ever, go out in field recruiting. Let any members, even elders, try that at the local level and they get a talking to or worse.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Their attitude towards women. I would have mentioned this first but it is an outgrowth of we are the sole channel of authority.

Someday I want to write an essay about their view of women and my experience as a Witness and later as an active feminist.

Few men in the real world even approach the WT belief. Most men are decent. Paul said tha there was neither male nor female in heaven. His description of leading women in the church is clerly present in the text. I was so surprised when I finally read it. It was not obscure at all.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Historical revisionism.

Quoting out of context.

Organizational arrogance/boasting.

Pointing the finger at other religions' faults while minimizing or ignoring their own.

Manipulation and guilt-tripping of the flock ...

... among other pet peeves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit