The GB are god's mouthpiece. Rebuttal to elders?

by punkofnice 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Someone recently suggested asking:

"which FDS do you mean, the one in the WT's that we've understood for 100 years, or the new one from last Octobers Annual GB meeting?"

Splash

• Splash
    Splash

Or you could just say:

"Have the F&DS ever made a mistake and had to update their teachings? In which case, how should I view them?"

Splash

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Punky- Thanks! I'm good :)

• Ding
    Ding
    We asked why would you ever say that and the next words out of his mouth was well you know you don't have to believe that Jesus was Michael in order to get baptised.

"Brothers, I'm shocked. It sounds to me like YOU are questioning the spiritual food being provided by the slave!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

splash - Yeah. That'd put the cat amongst the pigeons.

ding - They hate the thought they could be referred to as potential 'apostates'(TM). They are not worthy to wear that badge.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was not asked if I thought the GB were God's anything, just asked several times if I believed JW's were "God's Organization".

The first time I never answered the question. Just smiled. Nature hates a vacuum, and one of the inquisitors started waffling on about something else.

The next time I said "well, perhaps you brothers can help me, I am not worried about today, but I really cannot see exactly why they were chosen in 1919 ?"

Bro Bombast-Waffler then gave me the weakest explanation you could imagine, and I said "Thank you for that, that has cleared that up !"

I think when they got outside they realised I had not actually answered the question.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

They are God's channel of communication on earth, and we must never doubt them even in our thoughts, because they are relaying Jehovah's thoughts. Except when the light gets brighter and what was once thought to be Jehovah's thought is actually shown to not have been.

Like when they said, I can't remember when, that the FDS was a class of all the anointed still alive on earth. It turns out that wasn't what Jehovah had actually said after all. Come on, we can't expect perfection from imperfect men. Right?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phizzy & Alec - Terms and conditions apply and are subject to favouritism, nepotism or who can give the most cash to the watchtower® popes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think when they got outside they realised I had not actually answered the question.

The problem here is that it may not matter what you SAY -- it only matters what two elders HEARD.

So be cautious about "playing on words".

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - Yes. Absolutely. They already know what they want to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit