First post / 1914 info

by whichway2go 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

WhichWayToGo , Welcome to You and Your Wife

Just Lois

• flipper
    flipper

WHICHWAY2GO- Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. Please know we will support your efforts in getting your freedom of mind . Peace out, mr. Flipper

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big Welcome mateGlad you could join us

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Warm Welcome WW2G to you and your family.

I cannot find the book you're thinking of but they did 2 articles in the [Public] WT Oct/2011 pg 26-31 & Nov/2011 pg 22-28 they say the same thing.

If you go to the Nov/2011 pg 23: the footnote right under 'Business tablets' actually says. " None of the secular experts quoted in this article hold that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Also, forgot to add.... in those same articles Nov/2011 pg 24 the footnote right above the picture of clay tablets reads: "Business tablets exist for all the years traditionally attributed to the Neo-Babylonian kings. When the years that these kings ruled are totaled and a calculation is made back from the last Neo-Babylonian king, Nabonidus, the date reached for the destruction of Jerusalem is 587 B.C.E. HOWEVER [emphasis mine], this method of dating works ONLY [Emphasis mine again] if each king followed the other in the same year without any breaks in between.

They basically admit that the business records only go to 587 B.C.E but we still won't change it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was in an appendix, perhaps in one of the Isaiah books. I don't have mine anymore.

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Im not sure which way to go from here, I'm on the fence about the future, but I know I want away from the jws. Take a break, continue to learn, and live and see where life goes. At least that is the plan for now.

Welcome to the JWN board WW2G. Sounds like you do have a good plan.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Many of us were just young, when our parents went down a road with great promise, and the very hard parts there just gave promise of "soon" to endure it all. But we in time, too much time, knew this road as senseless and untruthful. We left, not knowing everything, but we sure knew where we had been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit